Creating a folder for my loops

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

pmata73

Creating a folder for my loops

Post by pmata73 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:07 pm

Hello, I've just bought Auria, and I'm quite lost about how to move in iTunes loops to an specific folder at the share files menu.
Thanks a lot for your help.

mikelucas4

Re: Creating a folder for my loops

Post by mikelucas4 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:40 am

I have found any moving files with itunes very cranky at best!
Personally i use ifunbox. Its very friendly for file moving and arranging.
Good luck!!

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:02 pm

I've found AudioShare is a fantastic app for managing all my loops and samples. Easy to find, manage and copy audio to other apps e.g auria

pmata73

Post by pmata73 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Hello guys, thanks a lot for your suggestions, I already installed both apps and were just what I needed.

ifunbox, it's free, very intuitive and more versatile, not only for audio, you can transform your iPad/iPhone even in a small hard disk, it's a must.

AudioShare, 3,99$ but if your a musician, it worths the price, but only for music. Lot of option, format conversion, editing, and using the same folder you can copy a loop to any open application.

So, thanks a lot.

trupro
Expert

Post by trupro » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:24 am

THIS IS A GOOD THREAD! :)

Questions for you:

Been using Audioshare, and as suggested by Simon Hughes (read his website...awesome! http://simonclivehughes.com/Simon_C._Hu ... _2013.html)

i am wondering though, how this helps save space or keep things in order? Each time i copy paste to nanostudio or
auria, i am just making another copy. Or maybe im not, just give me a clue as to how this is more efficient or causes less weighty data amount?

thnx

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:31 am

trupro wrote:THIS IS A GOOD THREAD! :)

Questions for you:

Been using Audioshare, and as suggested by Simon Hughes (read his website...awesome! http://simonclivehughes.com/Simon_C._Hu ... _2013.html)

i am wondering though, how this helps save space or keep things in order? Each time i copy paste to nanostudio or
auria, i am just making another copy. Or maybe im not, just give me a clue as to how this is more efficient or causes less weighty data amount?

thnx
@trupro,

First, thanks for the kind words on my website!

Where Audioshare saves space is by giving a single place to store all of your samples, loops etc. When you need to use a specific sample/loop then just open it from Audioshare into the target app. It will then be opened (copied into) that app. Yes, you will have a copy of it in both places now, but if you have a lot of samples/loops etc, instead of having them in multiple locations (sitting ready to be used, but unused mostly) then you save a lot of space rather than having multiple apps with the same large amount of files.

For example, I have about 7.3 GB of files in Audioshare, but I used to have to have them in multiple places (Auria, NanoStudio, Cubasis, ...). Now, I keep them just in Audioshare alone and then just copy them out individually to other apps as I need them.

If you don't have a lot of samples/loops or other audio files, or, if you don't use these files with a number of different apps, then Audioshare is not really necessary, and you might as well just put up with a few instances of the same files in different places. Hope this helps.

Cheers,