Auria Pro Sound Issues

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

velanche

Auria Pro Sound Issues

Post by velanche » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Hi There:
I thought that I’d try out Auria Pro, but I’m having some issues.

I should state first that the demo song played fine. But while trying to play instruments in MIDI, I’ve ran into a peculiarity. There’s no sound when I attempt to use either my Bluetooth keyboard or the virtual keyboard, but I’m able to hear sound when I’m adding an event in the MIDI editor.

If I could get some guidance on next steps to resolve this, I’d appreciate it.

I’m running iOS 11 on my iPad Pro; thanks!
V.

Corey W
Expert

Re: Auria Pro Sound Issues

Post by Corey W » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:45 am

Record arm your MIDI track in order to hear your input signal. That should do it.

velanche

Re: Auria Pro Sound Issues

Post by velanche » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:40 pm

Thanks much, Corey. I haven't tried the Bluetooth yet, but now that I have armed the track and tried the virtual keyboard and heard sound output, I think I"m good to go. I have to admit that I was a little thrown off by the fact that selecting the track doesn't necessarily arm it, and "arming" needs to blink to confirm. I'm a Logic user, so I'm naturally used to it being armed for me. But I imagine that this is how DAWs usually are, so will go with it. One suggestion that I have would be to have the arm light solid instead of blinking.

And I guess I would have found out about it, had I watched the videos posted on your YouTube channel. I watched what was there, but I wish there was more. For instance, you mentioned that there was going to be videos on using the Piano Roll editor, and also touch on more advanced features. I still hope you do that, plus have an updated video on changes since the last major update, if any.

I"m sure to have more questions, but will do my best to work through it. It looks intuitive enough, but I'll soon dig in and collect said questions.

Thanks again, Corey.
V.