Duplicating tracks

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Iffer

Duplicating tracks

Post by Iffer » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:53 pm

I’m trying to copy a vocal track 3 times to have a dry version at centre front, a delay on one panned left and a reverb on on panned right ( or whatever) problem is I’m not hearing all thre tracks. Only one at a time and it doesn’t give and option to assign audio to anything other than 1/2 I am using Auria Pro on a iPad Pro, recent convert from ableton after my MacBook Pro died. :oops:
I’m somewhat amateur, having no idea how bussing or aux actually really work. Is this my problem? Any advice? Is it a cpu problem? I’m only running a bounced instrumental and attempting to add vocals. Should be so simple, been fighting for hours.

Iffer

Re: Duplicating tracks

Post by Iffer » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:14 pm

I see audio signals for all, I suspect the issue is routing, but.... I have an interface for recording vocals, using headphone or built in speaker outs to monitor I tried routing track thru subs no avail.... can only hear 1 track at a time. HELP! Boy do I regret switching, this is the most basic and simple of tasks, shouldn’t be this hard.
Have screenshots, not sure how to get them uploaded here. All I want is to play!,,,,

obijohn

Post by obijohn » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:36 pm

You don't need to copy the audio onto all 3 tracks. Here's what you want to do. Set the output of your vocal track to BOTH bus 1 and 2 (when you do, it will show up with an asterisk indicating multiple busses). Then on an EMPTY audio track, set it's input to bus 1 and insert your first effect and pan the track left. On another empty audio track, set its input to bus 2, and insert your other effect (reverb/whatever) and pan right. That's it. Leave those 2 empty tracks with the default (master) output, or set all 3 to a single subgroup so once you have the balance between the 3 the way you like you can adjust the overall volume of all 3 together using just the subgroup slider.

obijohn

Post by obijohn » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:40 pm

Sorry, actually forgot you also want the dry (original) track, so set the output to 3 busses, and use another empty audio track for the dry center, setting its input to bus 3 and output to the same subgroup all are going to. Hope that makes sense.

Iffer

Post by Iffer » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:06 am

:o thank you so so so much! Can’t wait to try this! So glad I asked.