Problem With Tracks that are muted in mixdown question

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

MMarkov

Problem With Tracks that are muted in mixdown question

Post by MMarkov » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:16 pm

Hi!

I know I am probably missing something easy but here's my issue.

I have recorded about 8 songs and on the last 3 songs the bass drum is missing on mixdown and one also is missing the bass track on mixdown. Playback is fine on the ipad through the stereo system. Output matrix has just master "checked". Mute and solo are unchecked for everything. These are being saved to dropbox 16/44 and stereo.

I have Auria Pro, an iPad Pro (only 6 months old) and everything is as updated as it can be. I use a Griifin StudioConnect for an interface. Obviously I did something to affect these last 3 tracks. I just did a mixdown of one of the first tracks I did a month or so ago and it was fine.

I'm not doing anything fancy, just adding to the songs one track at a time and redoing the whole track if I goof up playing

Thank you for reading this far.

Mike

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Problem With Tracks that are muted in mixdown question

Post by Rim » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:34 am

Hi Mike,

A couple of questions -

- Are you using automation?
- Do you have any AU or IAA effects on the guitar tracks? Some third party effects aren't compatible with faster-than-real-time mixdown like Auria has.

Rim

MMarkov

Post by MMarkov » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:52 am

Thank you for the response Rim

If I am using automation it is not intentional. I just looked it up in the user manual and I'm not using it. I also do not use any external plugins, mostly the reverb that's built in for effect.The one acoustic guitar is straight through, no effects.

Attached is a screen shot if it makes a diffence. I did notice the undo button was lit so I clicked on that but it didn't make a difference. I am really a novice with Auria but not with recording in general.

Thank you for your time, it is really appreciated
Image-1.jpg

MMarkov

Post by MMarkov » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:19 am

I think I may have figured out thanks to your questions. I went into the reset menu and reset all automation. That did the trick on this one. I'll try it later on with the other two.

Thank you so very much!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:15 pm

Glad to hear it!

Rim

MMarkov

Post by MMarkov » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:37 pm

As a followup, I reset all automation on all the affected songs and they mixed down beautifully. Now if there was a filter to make my singing better :wink: