Delete all automation for a track?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Espiegel123
Expert

Delete all automation for a track?

Post by Espiegel123 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:43 pm

Is there a way to remove all automation events on a track? I have been recording some AU automation for a synth and it is tricky to find all the AU parameters that have automation recorded. I switch the synth used on the track and there seem to be some automation events for the old synth's parameters lying around but there are so many parameters that it is laborious to find the ones that have automation.

(It would be worthwhile to have a list of only those parameters that have automation events to select from -- as other hosts do).

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Delete all automation for a track?

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:28 am

Yes there is a way to do this. First, to see what automation was recorded in the track for a particular AU, In the Edit window, Tap the Audio in the track header. Scroll down until you see the AU name in bright yellow. As you scroll down the automation that was used will be highlighted in bright white. Tap the bright white control and the automation points will show.

To remove the control points just double tap and drag across the track lane and it will turn grey as you drag and will also highlight the control points. Now tap Delete and all the control points will be deleted. You can also drag across just some of the control points to delete a specific area.

Finally I tested this with Fabfilter ProQ2 AU version and all the control points were removed after the AU was removed so I'm not sure why the automation wan't gone after removing your synth. Funny thing thats the only AU that worked all others failed to automate.

However I used a FAC transient AU and was able to duplicate your problem so indeed this is a bug. When I tested again it wouldn't duplicate. There is even a bug in the removing of automation points with the drag across the track but not with Fabfilter. That AU works as it should and so does editing the control points including deleting. So since the Fasb AU works so well I would guess that it has something to do with AU integration in Auria but somehow Fabfilter got it right Cheers and good luck and hope this helps.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:55 am

Anthony Alves wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:28 am
Yes there is a way to do this. First, to see what automation was recorded in the track for a particular AU, In the Edit window, Tap the Audio in the track header. Scroll down until you see the AU name in bright yellow. As you scroll down the automation that was used will be highlighted in bright white. Tap the bright white control and the automation points will show.

To remove the control points just double tap and drag across the track lane and it will turn grey as you drag and will also highlight the control points. Now tap Delete and all the control points will be deleted. You can also drag across just some of the control points to delete a specific area.

Finally I tested this with Fabfilter ProQ2 AU version and all the control points were removed after the AU was removed so I'm not sure why the automation wan't gone after removing your synth. Funny thing for me is the only AU that I can get to Automate is the fabfilter AU so I think this needs some looking into.
However I used a FAC transient AU and was able to duplicate your problem so indeed this is a bug. There is even a bug in the removing of automation points. Cheers and good luck and hope this helps.
If I understand your answer, the answer is "no, you can't delete all automation in a simple step"

I guess it wasn't clear that I know how to delete automation events you can see. I was hoping that I had overlooked an easier way. Having to scroll through the automation popup to find which AU parameters are highlighted is a frustrating experience with synths that have many parameters.

Btw, I am finding that the majority of AU synths I've tried can't have their automation recorded. So we must be using different synths. Some have recordable AU params but I am finding them the exception. (For instance, not working for me with Moog Model D, iSEM, Audio Damage Continua, Sumrizer, Zeeon)

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:03 pm

Sorry your opening line was "Is there a way to remove all automation events on a track?" so it sounded like you didn't know how to do that. Yes as I said Fabfilter was one of the few AU that actually worked. I too get a limited list of synths,eps,comps ect. that actually record automation via touch. Not many at the moment. I do believe AU integration and automation is on the list of things to look into by Rim. Cheers

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:59 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:03 pm
Sorry your opening line was "Is there a way to remove all automation events on a track?" so it sounded like you didn't know how to do that. Yes as I said Fabfilter was one of the few AU that actually worked. I too get a limited list of synths,eps,comps ect. that actually record automation via touch. Not many at the moment. I do believe AU integration and automation is on the list of things to look into by Rim. Cheers
I guess I could have been clearer. I meant, "is there a way to remove all automation from a track other than finding each automation layer one-by-one by scrolling through the list of all automatable parameters, selecting all the events on that layer,..."

:)