Restoring purchases in iPad with related family account

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

muchado

Restoring purchases in iPad with related family account

Post by muchado » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:40 am

I used to have Auria LE installed on my iPad and I paid for two upgrades to take it up toPro. I then lost my iPad a few years ago, which means that I have not been able to use my Auria app. I have a reason to use it again and my wife has an iPad mini, so I installed the App as a family member (Family Purchase). When I try to restore purchases to bring the App up to Pro, it tells me that I need to sign out of my wife’s Apple account and sign in with mine. I cannot do that because it will delete her data.

Is there a way to do these upgrades? It seems a little unfair if this is not possible.

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Restoring purchases in iPad with related family account

Post by Espiegel123 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:32 am

muchado wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:40 am
I used to have Auria LE installed on my iPad and I paid for two upgrades to take it up toPro. I then lost my iPad a few years ago, which means that I have not been able to use my Auria app. I have a reason to use it again and my wife has an iPad mini, so I installed the App as a family member (Family Purchase). When I try to restore purchases to bring the App up to Pro, it tells me that I need to sign out of my wife’s Apple account and sign in with mine. I cannot do that because it will delete her data.

Is there a way to do these upgrades? It seems a little unfair if this is not possible.
Family Sharing doesn't include IAP's. That is how Apple set things up.

muchado

Post by muchado » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:46 am

Espiegel123 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:32 am

Thanks for the quick and clear answer. Hmmm... pity no-one mentioned that when I asked about the difference between upgrading and just purchasing Pro - which would only have wasted US$10 relative to following the upgrade path.

Interestingly, my comment at the time (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14128&p=47216#p47216) made it look as though I was going with the direct purchase option... should have followed my own advice.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:47 pm

muchado wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:46 am
Espiegel123 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:32 am

Thanks for the quick and clear answer. Hmmm... pity no-one mentioned that when I asked about the difference between upgrading and just purchasing Pro - which would only have wasted US$10 relative to following the upgrade path.

Interestingly, my comment at the time (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14128&p=47216#p47216) made it look as though I was going with the direct purchase option... should have followed my own advice.
To be fair, the family-sharing situation is understandably something that might not occur to someone answering a query that doesn't specifically mention it.