Muting/solo in subgroups

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

tea

Muting/solo in subgroups

Post by tea » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Hi just a quick one I have sent my drums to a sub group kick snare etc which is all good but if I
go to mute or solo anything in the group it doesn't mute or solo the only way is to bring down the fader
So am I missing something here ? Or is it not possible just yet
Thanks

tea

Re: Muting/solo in subgroups

Post by tea » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:16 pm

Forgot to ask can you add to fader groups ? after assigning ie I have my drums on 1 with 6 tracks my horns on 2 with 3 tracks
Can I add one more track to my drum without clearing all. hope that makes sense thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:42 am

Once you add some tracks to a subgroup, you can mute and solo those tracks the same way you would mute or solo them without adding to a subgroup. There shouldn't be a difference. Did you perhaps have something else soloed? If you click on the SOLO text at the top, it will clear all solos. In addition, you can mute or solo the entire subgroup by clicking on the M or S of the subgroup.

As far as your question about groups (not subgroups), since there's only one button for assigning groups, there's no way to add to a group assignments once they are selected, without deleting them.

Rim

tea

Post by tea » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Rim wrote:Once you add some tracks to a subgroup, you can mute and solo those tracks the same way you would mute or solo them without adding to a subgroup. There shouldn't be a difference. Did you perhaps have something else soloed? If you click on the SOLO text at the top, it will clear all solos. In addition, you can mute or solo the entire subgroup by clicking on the M or S of the subgroup.

As far as your question about groups (not subgroups), since there's only one button for assigning groups, there's no way to add to a group assignments once they are selected, without deleting them.

Rim
Thanks again for your reply I think its more how i work what am doing is that i will solo one of my sub groups which has 4 tracks i may just want to work on 2 or maybe 3 of those tracks what i do than is mute the ones i don't need to here (in that group) or solo the ones i do but i can't seem to do that if i mute them or un-solo they still play through the subgoup
sorry one more thing i am finding that i never have a problem strolling out or in (horizontally) but strolling up or down (vertically)
things start to get a bit jumpy specially when over 30 tracks or so, is this because of ram ? (IPad 2 16G) should i upgrade ?
once again thanks :mrgreen:

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:15 pm

OK, I understand what you're doing. When you solo a subgroup, you're also soloing all the individual tracks that are part of that subgroup. There's currently no way to unsolo or mute the individual tracks. One workaround is to solo the tracks without soloing the subgroup.

In the editor, horizontal scrolling is much faster than vertical scrolling, due to the way the iPad draws. The iPad 3 is not any faster in this regard. We're hoping a faster iPad model will eventually be able to draw waveforms fast enough to make this as smooth as horizontal. If you zoom in vertically, to show only a few tracks at a time, it becomes a lot smoother.

Rim