Terrible Feedback when trying to record!

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

theo

Terrible Feedback when trying to record!

Post by theo » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:10 pm

Greetings,

I started testing out Auria over the past couple of days and I'm having some trouble with feedback when I try to record. I'm using an Apogee Jam with the session set for 24 bit, have the Overloud Guitar FX plugin. My monitors (earphones) are SR225 Grado Labs, I can rehearse just fine but when I hit record and play buttons I'm experiencing HORRIBLE feedback. I think I damaged my ears the other day. I have gone back to the user manual and I'm doing everything correct as far as I know for recording. If anyone could let me know or help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Theo

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Terrible Feedback when trying to record!

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:56 am

That's very unusual. Are you sure it was feedback, or was it just a loud noise of some sort? If it's feedback, then it would go away when you turn the input down on the Apogee Jam. Is it reproducible? Maybe it was a certain high-gain preset on THM? It's hard to get feedback with Auria unless you've got some incredible gain somewhere in the signal path and your headphones are very loud.

Rim

theo

Re: Terrible Feedback when trying to record!

Post by theo » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:36 pm

I figured out that the problem was my headphones (grados) that were causing the feedback. I used different earphones and it worked just fine. Excited to get to work now! Thanks for the help!

Theo