Auria crashed, now won't open

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Auria crashed, now won't open

Post by mrufino1 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:03 am

Auria crashed on startup a few minutes ago, and now will not start, regardless of restarting ipad, killing the app, etc. all apps are killed, auria is the only thing running. Any ideas short of uninstalling and reinstalling again? If I have to do that I guess I will, again, but I'd like to avoid backing up all the projects another time, all the ir files I loaded, etc, and reloading them.
Last edited by mrufino1 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

CEIsar
Expert

Re: Auria crashed, now won't open

Post by CEIsar » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:24 am

yesterday exactly the same happened to me.Auria won't start whatever i tried (i even deleted all of my projects in the document folder).It always crashed on the"auria"start screen The only thing that helped was a backup of my files...and install everything again from the itunes store :|

There was just ONE thing i made different then before (it happened the first time):i played a strategy game called battle academy
and it was still in the backgound when i started auria.Auria immediately crashed and nothing helped anymore.

Although i really don't know how this should affect auria because of the sandbox thingy...

But i don't like to try it again cause it takes a while to install everything again,lol.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:55 am

I dragged all the files to the desktop and reinstalled, its setting up now.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:08 pm

I'm pretty sure this is fixed in 1.06, based on the crash logs.

Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:30 pm

That's good. What was making it happen?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:08 am

There was a simple bug in the code that handled flipping the graphics for landscape or portrait orientation.

Rim

Post by 007 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:30 am

Well, I lost all my work. I couldn't open Auria up to copy my songs somewhere else. It wouldn't open at all. Do you have to copy Your tracks to Dropbox or somewhere else more stable than Auria after ever edit . Is there a way to auto save work to somewhere else. I don't want to loose anymore work. What is the easiest way to protect it?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:19 am

I would not recommend using something like dropbbox to save your projects. Always use iTunes or another free app like iFunbox or iExplorer. Auria doesn't need to even be running to use these.

Rim

RandallB

Post by RandallB » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:24 pm

I have the same problem as the OP. I am on the road and cant backup/reinstall at the moment. As soon as I launch Auria it crashes on the splash screen. Ipad 2.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:28 am

As I mentioned earlier, this has been fixed in 1.06, which is in Apple's queue for review. Until then, the only solution is to back up your projects using iTunes, then delete and reinstall Auria.

Rim

RandallB

Post by RandallB » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:24 am

I sure hope it is fixed. It kinda defeats the mobile rig idea if you need a comp on the road all the time in case it crashes! Even garage band is reliable...

steviee8
Expert

Post by steviee8 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:08 pm

I was wondering if there is a small in size file to save all the edits and settings. I'm not interested in actual saving of files especially if I already have the .wavs on my PC. I just want to store the edit and settings file as a back up.
I noticed I could use iCloud but that also backs up the audio files again which takes up space. I think.

I see you have a "back up to Dropbox" Does that save wav files or just the edit file.
It would be nice to be able to have the option to store either way.
Just a thought. Since I also had the crash issue and lost everything but since my .wav files were already saved I could've just reloaded them and then tell Auria to continue from my last back up.

Not sure if that's possible, Maybe you guys already have a solution.

Thx. Glad you fixed the bug. :)

S8

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:42 pm

1.06 has a new snapshot system, which lets you save snapshots any time you want. A snapshot only has the project information ,like edits and mixer settings, etc. In only takes a second to make a snapshot.

Rim

chrizb

Post by chrizb » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:15 am

Hi,

I have the same issue, and looking forward to upgrading to 1.06 when it is out. I have backed up using fileshare in itunes, but the folder structure of the project can not be restored through open, as it won't allow any folder functionality in itunes. So am I done for? Or am I just thick and there is an easy folder restore trick I missed.

Thanks
Chris

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:13 pm

You're right, on the Mac, it's possible to copy projects back, because they are recognized as bundles, but on a PC it's not possible. But there's an easy solution to this. Just zip your project folders first, then copy the zip files to Auria using iTunes. Auria automatically unzips them, preserving the project structure.

Rim