AURIA LE NOT WORKING - SOLVED

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Fantomas

AURIA LE NOT WORKING - SOLVED

Post by Fantomas » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:42 pm

Hello,
After installing Auria LE on ipad 3 and ipad mini, it worked twice with the demo project. After that if I launch the app, it just goes back to the initial Auria icon. I deleted the app, reinstalled it...same thing various time!
After downloading it again, now it does not make this extra installing process anymore and opens to the Auria mixer window that is completely dead. No reaction at all, menu doesn't react, nothing reacts.
What is there to do now? Seems to have a serious bug! When can we have an update?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: AURIA LE NOT WORKING

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:23 am

Hi,

This is solved by deleting Auria completely from your iPad by holding down the Auria icon for a few seconds, then clicking the X. Then, go to the app store, and purchase Auria again (you will not be charged). This way, you are downloading a fresh copy, not a copy from your backup. Make sure you do this on the iPad, not from iTunes.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: AURIA LE NOT WORKING

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:23 am

OK, I have discovered the bug that is causing this issue, and have fixed in for the next update. In the mean time, here's the simple fix:

Do not start up Auria LE when your iPad is in Portrait mode. Make sure it's in Landscape mode, otherwise the tutorial screen won't run. Landscape mode means that your iPad is in it's wide orientation (not up and down like a piece of paper).

You'll still need to delete Auria, and reinstall it, but make sure it's in Landscape mode when it starts for the first time.

Rim

Fantomas

Re: AURIA LE NOT WORKING - SOLVED

Post by Fantomas » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:00 am

Hello,
Thank you for your answer. I reloaded the app and opened it in landscape mode. This is working fine now.
I don't know now about the other problem if it will appear again (launching gets back to the initial icon).
I'll let you know if this happen again. Thanks a lot
Joel

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:21 pm

That other problem can happen if your iPad runs out of memory. Not sure if that's the case in your situation, but that's a common reason.

Rim

Brendan

Post by Brendan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:28 pm

Ran into this problem too, thanks for posting. It's even worse in my experience, as any time I open the app in portrait mode it freezes (not just during installation, any time I open the app). The only fix for it is a complete reinstall. After having had this happen to me three times now I'm pretty good about remembering to only open the app in landscape, but it is an extremely annoying bug. Hope to see the update soon.

Brendan

Post by Brendan » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:55 am

Fixed in 1.06. Yay! And thank you! :D