Ok - this reinstall issue is really starting to annoy me

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Ok - this reinstall issue is really starting to annoy me

Post by Rim » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:34 am

This problem only appears in v1.06. The reason this happens is because in previous versions, users sometimes accidentally deleted one of Auria's default folders, like the IR Files folder for example. So to fix this, in 1.06 I added some code to check if the IR Files folder is present. if Auria discovers that it's gone, it will automatically start a reinstall of all the default folders. Unfortunately, if the iPad runs very low on memory, it will incorrectly report that a folder is missing. So as a result, any time the memory runs too low, Auria will think that the IR Folder is missing, and it will perform a default folder reinstall. 1.07 fixes this issue. I'm about half way through the list for 1.07. I hope to submit it to Apple soon.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:06 pm

One way to reproduce this bug is to double click the home button while Auria is loading and still showing the splash screen. I've tried it a few times during the day and it works every time. If that helps with anything..

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks, but I've fixed this already.

Rim

MjProduction

Post by MjProduction » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:15 am

Any news on the update? I am still not able to use Auria.
Arrghhh !

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:57 am

The update is coming along. Just a few items left and I should be submitting it to Apple. I'm hoping for mid week next week.

By the way, there's no reason this error should prevent you from using Auria in the mean time. It's annoying I agree - but once the tutorial finishes (and you need to give it a few minutes after it's done to make sure it's completely done), you should be back to normal again. Just make sure not to tax your memory and this error will not appear again.

Rim