Ok - this reinstall issue is really starting to annoy me

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Audiosilver

Ok - this reinstall issue is really starting to annoy me

Post by Audiosilver » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:15 pm

One in five times when I run the app it reinstalls, even with nothing else running - this is now becoming unacceptable and frankly I've half mind to request a refund for Auria and the various FX I've purchased.

There is no way you can call a piece of software with this recurring issue 'working' - can we get a fix please, and soon?

@audiosilver

Audiosilver

Re: Ok - this reinstall issue is really starting to annoy me

Post by Audiosilver » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:22 pm

Also - why no means of combining clips? Gets a bit tedious, especially when the duplication feature isn't working properly.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:44 pm

Audiosilver wrote:Also - why no means of combining clips? Gets a bit tedious, especially when the duplication feature isn't working properly.
You need to post in the proper thread. This needs to be in the Bug reporting thread because that's the first place the developers go to look for reported problems. There is no need for us to read it as we can't fix it for you. Follow the forum rules please.

Audiosilver

Post by Audiosilver » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:58 pm

There is no bug reporting thread.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Audiosilver wrote:There is no bug reporting thread.
You are so right my friend and I am currently investigating this and as to why we don't because clearly this would make sence because as of lately the whole forum is a bug and problem reporting page when in fact there are so many great things about Auria to talk about but the forum is drawing negative attention due to the lack of such a thread. I hope Rim starts a Bug and Problem Reporting thread so that all of the complaints can be read there and leads a new user to the current and relative problems. As well there shuold be a Souloutions thread much like Ask the Auria Expert where soloitions to common problems are listed by heading. Just as a point I get 25 emails per week for advice on using Auria from Audiobus to Mastering with Auria so I know that some people are not getting their answers.

louparte
Expert

Post by louparte » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
Audiosilver wrote:There is no bug reporting thread.
You are so right my friend and I am currently investigating this and as to why we don't because clearly this would make sence because as of lately the whole forum is a bug and problem reporting page when in fact there are so many great things about Auria to talk about but the forum is drawing negative attention due to the lack of such a thread. I hope Rim starts a Bug and Problem Reporting thread so that all of the complaints can be read there and leads a new user to the current and relative problems. As well there shuold be a Souloutions thread much like Ask the Auria Expert where soloitions to common problems are listed by heading. Just as a point I get 25 emails per week for advice on using Auria from Audiobus to Mastering with Auria so I know that some people are not getting their answers.
Agree. I like Auria a lot and I am telling every musician I know about it. I've praised it on several forums.

But...I have over 20+ years of DAW & MIDI experience. I love Auria because it's simple.
The learning curve was very fast. And I HOPE it does not become complicated.

Yes. I get CPU overloads - even on an 64G iPad2.
Yes. It crashes now & then. So does every other DAW I've used.
Yes. It is easier for me to do simple edits on computer-based software.
But that is the nature of the iPad architecture, I think.

Even so -- Auria is my DAW of the future until it gets too glitchy & complicated for me to continue.
With the Alesis ioDock, it's a formidable DAW.

Keep up the good work.

BTW, I do not use Audiobus & don't need to. I don't need MIDI for Auria either.
I already have a setup for MIDI that works fine.

Audiosilver

Post by Audiosilver » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:21 am

Great points from both of the above but....

Can we have a response from a developer please?

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:45 am

I'm not the dev but this is getting fixed in the next update. Usually there's more info in the sticky bug thread, but Wavelabs been busy with namm so hasn't been updated in a while.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:16 pm

I'm the developer, and yes - this is unacceptable, I completely agree. It's a known bug that I've already fixed for the next update (1.07). There are still a few things that need to get finished before I submit the update for Apple's approval, but this one has already been addressed in 1.07.

As I've mentioned in other threads, the only thing that triggers this issue is the iPad running low on memory. To avoid this problem, reboot your iPad *and* close all your background apps. It's important to do both because rebooting will not close your background apps if you have any open before you do the reboot. Then, run Auria, and if the install tutorial screen comes up, make sure you wait for it to completely finish. Do not launch any other apps, including Audiobus while Auria is running to avoid this issue.

Rim

Audiosilver

Post by Audiosilver » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:28 pm

Thanks for the update - appreciated!

MjProduction

Post by MjProduction » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:41 am

And suddenly i am having this issue also. Last time i used Auria, it worked fine. Now this morning i wants to reinstall.
I tried what you suggested Rim, without any luck. Whats the deal? It just stalls, and no matter how many times i touch to continue it dosent continue.
I am not able to use Auria right now, so when is the fix ready, cause right now it aint working.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:13 am

What do you mean by "touch to continue"?

Rim

MjProduction

Post by MjProduction » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:48 am

Thanks for taking your time Rim.

What i meant was, touch to close this tutorial. I touch and touch and nothing happens. When i exit, and come back the whole installation progress starts all over...
What i do not understand, is why does it wants to install it self again suddenly? Its not like i have updated it or anything. Is just does it out of the blue?
Attachments
image.jpg
(213.97 KiB) Downloaded 454 times

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:58 am

OK. Try to wait 10 minutes after this message appears, then touch the screen to continue. Is your iPad Jailbroken? This might be the reason why there's a delay after the install is finished and when you can actually press the screen.

As mentioned before, this only happens when the iPad runs very low on memory, and has already been fixed in the next update.

Rim

MjProduction

Post by MjProduction » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:20 am

Ok i will try that..... Though i still cant see the reason why?
My ipad2 is not jailbroken, i keep it updated with the latest versions.
I bought Auria the day it was released, and havent had any problems. Even if it ran out of memory before, i just relaunch it. It didnt had to install the app again, or i didnt had to wait 10 minutes to work.
And what about next time i want to work in auria. Should it install again? And should i wait 10 minutes again.

I like Auria, apart from this weird behaviour, Rim, but this is a major showstopper! Can you say when the next update is comming?