Big Bug, believe me.

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

acaonweb
Expert

Big Bug, believe me.

Post by acaonweb » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:47 am

1) i create a project 44.1 kHz, 1 track, audiobus mode, input matrix setted on audiobus, its name is New Project 1
2) i close auria, and close from background
3) start audiobus
4) start nlog, start auria, set up tracks etc etc
5) i close audiobus

now i have auria and nlog opened, i switch to auria
Obvusly auria has loaded the project at 1) New Project 1

6) from auria i open an exiting project but it is > 44.1, its name is Radio in my case
7) a warning appears advising the app in background is not compatible with the freq of the project i'm loading, i press ok

Now the project shown is New project 1, it seems Radio wasn't loaded... but if i try to load Radio again, auria loads New Project 1

I delete New Project 1 from auria, and i can delete so it's not the current project, so after all the project Radio was corrupted and in auria file manager the name is radio, but after loading his name is New project 1

Using itunes, i copy the corrupted project and i opened the folder, now inside radio.project i have not any audio files, only files like frozen_*dat and ta-da!!!! radio.prj and new project 1.prj

Please fix this termonuclear bomb!!!!

Fabrizio
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

Washboy
Expert

Re: Big Bug, believe me.

Post by Washboy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:06 am

@acaonweb: This issue has already been reported and the developer has stated it will be fixed in the next release (v1.07). I encountered this problem myself and it worried me for a few moments. I found that by creating a new 44.1 project I was then able to open my original 44.1 projects and find their original contents unharmed. Until the next release, my advice would be to stay away from anything but 44.1.

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:33 am

Washboy wrote:@acaonweb: This issue has already been reported and the developer has stated it will be fixed in the next release (v1.07). I encountered this problem myself and it worried me for a few moments. I found that by creating a new 44.1 project I was then able to open my original 44.1 projects and find their original contents unharmed. Until the next release, my advice would be to stay away from anything but 44.1.
well, i was the first here showing this bugt, initally thinking about an audiobus issue
I've just added all the steps to recreate the problem

I've found a workaround to preserve files:
when the message warning appears after loading, DONT PRESS OK, but close the app with home button, and then close from background
the restart auria and the project will load correctly

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:26 am

acaonweb wrote:well, i was the first here showing this bugt, initally thinking about an audiobus issue
Indeed you were the first (I think), in two separate threads! In both of them Rim said the issue would be resolved in the next release. Advice was offered about how to avoid the problem. Did you review your own threads to check for feedback?

It's good that you've posted further detail but perhaps you could have added to one of your existing threads, rather than starting yet another one, on the same subject, and with such an alarming title, etc. And is it really a "thermonuclear" issue?

So rather than assisting the developers to fix a bug, or help other users to avoid it, all you may have achieved is to give the impression to new and potential Auria users that it's full of "Big Bug"s. Is that what you wanted? :|

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:10 am

Washboy wrote:
acaonweb wrote:well, i was the first here showing this bugt, initally thinking about an audiobus issue
Indeed you were the first (I think), in two separate threads! In both of them Rim said the issue would be resolved in the next release. Advice was offered about how to avoid the problem. Did you review your own threads to check for feedback?

It's good that you've posted further detail but perhaps you could have added to one of your existing threads, rather than starting yet another one, on the same subject, and with such an alarming title, etc. And is it really a "thermonuclear" issue?

So rather than assisting the developers to fix a bug, or help other users to avoid it, all you may have achieved is to give the impression to new and potential Auria users that it's full of "Big Bug"s. Is that what you wanted? :|
well i dont understand what is your problem
First of all, it's not a good suggestion say "don't work with progects >44.1 khz"... lol and people that have all projects at 96khz like me???
What have to do????

1st: threads i've opened i wrote to a problem with audiobus...and it's wrong

i've found the problem is only in auria, and then i've opened a thread about this.
It's a BIG problem because if u have in background an app with a freq different from your project, u loose it!!!!
I've lost every project because this problem. EVERY.
Working with nlog synt is enought!!!

Why i can't advise auria users?

how can define a bug u can loose projects? As for me i have a lot of song i play in concert with my band, is TERRIBLE!!!!
But I'm trying to help Rim, nothing else, and for this bug i've added a workaround....

And, finally, i've opened a new thread because nothing appears in the thread about bugs opened by Rim

So, if u are an admin, feel free to close, delete this thread.
But if not, live and let live.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:40 am

Let's all try to get along, guys ;) I really appreciate any and all bug reports. That's how I get things fixed. This particular bug has already been fixed, and will appear in v1.07.

Thanks,
Rim

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:36 pm

My apologies to Fabrizio, Rim and anyone else who may have been offended by my impatience. I'll try to bite my tongue in future :D

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:49 am

Washboy wrote:My apologies to Fabrizio, Rim and anyone else who may have been offended by my impatience. I'll try to bite my tongue in future :D
no problem we are here all for the same reasons, make auria better and the best!!!! :D :D :D :D :D