Gain, x-fade, and reverse bug.

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Erik dP
Expert

Gain, x-fade, and reverse bug.

Post by Erik dP » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:05 am

Gain function sometimes give oposite gain. A "+" gain becomes "-". A "-" gain becomes "+". It may have to do with me writing the gain value instead of turning the knob.

X-faded parts sometimes turn back to non x-faded sections. This means they overlap. ...Sounds like bad cuts. Some parts seems to get un-x-faded when x-fading other parts that are originating from the same wav-file.

Reversing one small sample reverses all identical samples. E.g. a strummed chord that are dublicated and reversed affects the original sample. However not other cut out parts from the same wav. I was thinking right now if that has to do with me NOT turning Auria off after copying and then making the reverse after restart.
Song writer http://www.youtube.com/erikdepomian
"Your Comfort Lie" "White Feather" "Canyons" "Where No Monsters Go" ...and more.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Gain, x-fade, and reverse bug.

Post by Rim » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:56 am

Thanks for letting me know about the gain control. I'll look into that. In terms of the crossfade and reverse functionality, this can happen when you duplicate many regions. The Process menu functions operate on the wav file itself, so anything you do here will affect all duplicates. This is how most non-destructive editors work. The alternative is for Auria to make actual copies when you duplicate, but this could make disk space a problem.

Rim

Erik dP
Expert

Re: Gain, x-fade, and reverse bug.

Post by Erik dP » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:56 am

...Yeah! I copied one strummed chord several times through the song. Explains everything. X-fades I still suspect also happen to the vocal track which is not copied. Though, that might have been my fault.
Song writer http://www.youtube.com/erikdepomian
"Your Comfort Lie" "White Feather" "Canyons" "Where No Monsters Go" ...and more.