Time stretch using left clip handle

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Navpack
Expert

Time stretch using left clip handle

Post by Navpack » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Hi Rim. Timestretch is just plain awesome to have as a toolset! Thanks so much for adding this in.

I can make the stretch using the right-side handle of the region, but not the left as expected. When time stretching from the left, I can two-finger drag and the preview with show the stretch but then it snaps back to the original region boundary after the fingers are lifted. It does the stretch, but the audio isn't all there; it gets shifted later as if I dragged the right handle.

Any thoughts are appreciated - thanks again.

phil.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Time stretch using left clip handle

Post by Rim » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:36 am

Phil,

I don't see this here. Is this only happening on certain regions? With a certain snap value, etc?

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:07 am

Thanks Rim. I have been using a older test session to try out time stretch - on both mono and stereo clips of various size. I get this behavior using the left trim handle in each case - but will start a new session and try some further testing.

Regards,
Phil

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:10 am

OK, thanks. And I'm assuming you're starting with one finger, then adding the second finger once you see the arrow, right?

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:13 am

Solved my mystery - totally user error. The way I hold the iPad was causing me to release the finger over the Left Handle and the Region snapped back to the starting point. In some cases it would to the stretch but the starting point was off. Totally working as expected.

Thanks very much.
phil.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:28 am

OK, thanks. Good to know.

Rim