Loss of audio quality when disabling FX during records

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

steviee8
Expert

Loss of audio quality when disabling FX during records

Post by steviee8 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:24 pm

I was playing The Approach and noticed my CPU was a little high when I armed a track for record so I changed the settings to "disable FX while recording" and the kick and Bass seemed to have been lost in the mix. I mean the punch of the kick and low end of the bass were as if some one turned the low end down. It also seemed like the entire song got quieter. There was no effect on the kick or bass to begin with.

Not sure if anyone else can test it.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Loss of audio quality when disabling FX during records

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:52 pm

This might be because the channelstrips are also disabled when this option is set. Are you using anything on the channelstrips?

Rim

steviee8
Expert

Post by steviee8 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean, do I have anything on the kick or bass as far as effects? No there is nothing "inserted". These channels are only using the compressor and EQ. But nothing inserted.

Did that answer your Q?

Thx Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Yes, that's what I meant. If you're using EQ or compression, then those will also get disabled, as these count as effects (they take up processing power). That's most likely why you're seeing a difference in the level, as your EQ and compression are being bypassed.

Rim

steviee8
Expert

Post by steviee8 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:59 am

OK then that explains it. I didn't know that EQ and compression etc. were amonst that which get disabled.

thanks again.

:oops: