No sound

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rampan

No sound

Post by Rampan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi,
I was working with a song and at one point the sound disappeared after I kept increasing the volume of one of the tracks, yet I can still see all the meters moving, on all of the tracks, tried a few things to get back the sound, didn't work.
If I close the project and open another one it kind of resets something and the sound comes back.

I tried it on one of the demo songs to see if I can reproduce it, I kept increasing the volume using the compressor, eq, and the Master compressor and limiter the track was clipping and the sound was ok, then I said ok lets go crazy I increased the volume of all the tracks to max, and played with compressor volumes on the master part and indeed the sound disappeared! A bug or a problem with my iPad ? I didn't have time to try it on another one yet.

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Re: No sound

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:43 am

I've noticed this as well. I think what happens is if you drive the volume too loud for too long, the iPad will disable the audio to protect the speakers.

Rim

Rampan

Post by Rampan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:45 pm

Hi,
Rim I think there is more to it. The sound stops all together on the iPad happens on a cold startup and it is not loud at all. To reset it I need to run another app like garageband and the sound comes back.

I think it has to do with mastering stage, something in auria is making the iPad audio to shut down or crash since if I bypass it it works, the second I engage it the sound is gone, if I bypass it again the meters are back but without sound and you have to reset the sound by opening another sound app, although I just noticed that the system sounds are still working!!
I hope that helps.
Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:33 pm

Interesting. Is this something you might be able to replicate reliably? If so, I can bring it to PSP, and see if they can figure it out.

Thanks,
Rim

Rampan

Post by Rampan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Yes, I just tried it on an old iPad1 exactly same thing happens, I invite you to try it.
It is not project specific you can take any project.

Overload the MasterStrip of a subgroup so that the gain reduction meter constantly hits max (turn make up, ratio, and thresh to max, turn all lights on, make the limiter lights reduction meter all on).
then on the output MASTER FX MasterStrip do the same, also engage the brick wall limiter, you can keep the master volume down, you are making it clip internally only, your actual volume can stay at listening level.

Let me know if I can be more help.
Thanks
Last edited by Rampan on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:03 pm

Thanks for the help, I've let PSP know about this.

Rim

Rampan

Post by Rampan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:53 pm

You are very welcome Rim, glad to help.