ProDS Freezing=Auria Crash

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

ProDS Freezing=Auria Crash

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:11 pm

I've been trying to use my ProDS on just a single stereo track with no other FX other than the ProDS and it keeps freezing. No oversampling set just the default setting and after about a minute or two sometimes sooner ProDS will lock up and forces me to re-boot my iPad. I also don't think the plugin is working in that the display is incorrect on what it's doing and at times ProDs' display shows that the effect is always on. As well after the crash when I re-load ProDS into the FX slot it appears to not be using any of my CPU as displayed on my cpu meter. I happen to know that this plugin uses a lot of cpu so something is going on that is strange. I don't think that I experienced this in 1.06 so not sure if it's the update or just ProDS or something here on my side. Could the friendly experts do a test if you own ProDS and let me know if this is something that needs attention.
The test should consist of one stereo track at least 2 mins long but not longer than 5 mins. No other FX other than the ProDS, either in the track slot or MasterBuss slot
I did at times make some adjustments but nothing major. I did have 64bit on.
cheers.
iPad 4/32 with 10gigs of drive space free.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: ProDS Freezing=Auria Crash

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Thanks, Anthony. I've let FabFilter know to check this thread. We'll see what they find.

Rim

Schimanski
Expert

Post by Schimanski » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:49 am

Hi!
I have (had) the same issues with ProDS,same setup(s) like A.Alves,changed to 32Bit with no effect.I posted this
problem a couple of weeks ago,so for me this issue existed with auria 1.06 too.I couldn't figure out any "regular"
false behaviour of the plugin.It just freezes the iPad after some time.I just don't use it....!
ipad4,64gb,38gb free space,no other apps running in bachground etc.
Christian

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: ProDS Freezing=Auria Crash/solved

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:33 am

Today I began several tests to see what was going on and would you know that I can't repeat the problem even though the other night I couldn't get the ProDS to work. I have ran it over and over even switching between presets and moving every dial quickly I could not get it to even to glitch once. So I must have been doing something wrong or my memory on my iPad must have been tied up by my iOS because this morning upon starting up my Auria she warned me that Auria crashed due to a memory crash so I did a hard re-set on the iPad and it seems to be working fine. I will try to keep track of any events that may lead me to that same problem. Guess I can carry on with recording. Thanks Rim and Christian for their help. cheers.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:18 am

Please let us know if you anyone can reproduce these problems. If there's a particular project that causes this to happen every time, please send me the project.

Thanks,
Rim