Massive Timestretch problems*solved*

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Massive Timestretch problems*solved*

Post by CEIsar » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:13 am

Hi Rim,

i copied a huge collection of loops on my ipad and every second time i import one into auria and timestretch it: CRASH (auria just shut down).

It happens so often that i expect it to crash every time now :(

The loops are nothing special (44,1khz,16 or 24 bit WAV)and i used"standard"and "better"for the timestretch options.
I just tried it in a new and empty project ( the default one with 44,1khz and 32 bit mixer)with the same result.Nothing else is running in the background (WIFI switched off),just auria is running.The Loops are short,only 4 or 8 bars long.

Second:grabbing the right handle and drag it into the desired (timestretch)position can get really annoying.Most often i have to try it 5-10 times until the handle really snaps into the new position.It always want to snap back into the old position (or at least into a position left from the desired target).Bars/Beats are set correctly.

third:could you please make the file browser recognize the last position after importing an audiofile?It's a lot of work to find the old positiion again and again if you search thru big sample libraries.
Last edited by CEIsar on Wed May 08, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Massive Timestretch problems

Post by Rim » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:26 am

I have never been able to get timestretch to crash, and we've tried hundreds of loops. Could you please send me a loop which makes it crash? There must be something special about your loops. I would really appreciate it. Also, let me know which settings you used.

There's an important trick to using the handle to stretch: always use one finger at first. Then, once you see the arrow, add the second finger. Make sure you keep both fingers on the screen afterwards. If you let go of one finger, it will switch back to regular trim mode.

Having the import box remember it's last location is on my list already.

Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:54 am

Thanks for your reply,i'll send you some files later.They are really nothing special,just tested it with loops from different sample CD's.

I did the timestretch exactly how you described.Maybe i'll make a small video later and send it to you as well.

The project settings are the default one when creating a new song (set to 44,1 and 8 tracks).Latency is 256.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:05 am

Thanks, that'll help, as I've never had it crash (or any of the beta testers), so there must be something unique about your loops that we don't have here.

Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:46 pm

Well,i have to say that i'm not able to reproduce the crashes since version 1.08 !Tried it with multiple 16 and 24 bit loops.

Awesome,you fixed it in just one day,lol :mrgreen:

for the timestretch handlng:i found out that it never snaps back into the old position when i release the forefinger first instead of both fingers at once.Works good enough for me,problems solved.Thanks for your attention anyway :wink:

Great update btw (as far as i can tell right now).

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:48 am

sorry but how?

As fair as i can tell,timestretch works like before??

I have the upper (right) handle for fades,the middle handle for duplicates and the lower handle for region length (all one finger gestures).Timestretch works like before,i use one finger first until the arrow comes up,then a second one and the timestretch symbol appears...

EDIT:forget this post,i misunderstood.you are talking about the LOOP handle,i was always talking about the timestretch handling ;)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:50 am

Sorry, answering an e-mail and thread at the same time ;) Yes, the timestretch is the same as before. Duplications are now done with the loop handle.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:33 am

Rim:

Would it be possible to have a button somewhere in the edit window that switches mode from dragging handles to the loop handles when zoomed out? I really like the whole "paint out regions/loops" concept, but it requires you to zoom in quite a bit now so you loose oversight of it all. Does that make sense, or will it clutter the window? Maybe have it in the edit menu as a choice what handle it will have when completely zoomed out - "loop handles/dragging handles". .?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:09 am

It's a possibility, but might start to clutter things a bit. I'll have to think about it. There's a fine line between too many control/settings and having everything...

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:24 am

Ok, yeah I understand what you're saying, trying to accommodate people's different workflow while keeping things simple and clean probably isn't easy at all. Anyway, thanks for atleast taking it into consideration! :)

jocelynn1de

Post by jocelynn1de » Sat May 04, 2013 1:35 am

Hi,
I have problems with timestretching
When i try timestretching the calculating window appears, but after calculating, the region is the same length as before, nothing has changed. What im doing wrong :?:

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat May 04, 2013 6:03 am

This can happen if you let go of your fingers one at a time. Just let go of both fingers at once, and it should timestretch.

Rim

jocelynn1de

Re: Massive Timestretch problems*solved*

Post by jocelynn1de » Sat May 11, 2013 2:13 am

Thanks