Auto cleanup fail to clear files

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Shay
Expert

Auto cleanup fail to clear files

Post by Shay » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi Rim,
I downloaded the new version and already enjoyed the condense selected track, which is a great feature. :D
Thank you for all the new features, improvements and bug fixes.

I also checked the auto cleanup and unfortunatly it doesn't work.
I checked by reopening the project, switching to other projects and back and also closing and reopening Auria, but the unused files remain.
There is no snapshot beside the auto snapshots Auria creates.

Thanks,
Shay.

ChrisG
Expert

Re: Auto cleanup fail to clear files

Post by ChrisG » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:38 pm

I posted in another thread but might as well paste it here to keep it all in one thread.

The auto cleanup still doesn't work here in 1.08 (it's ON under settings). I time stretched a file and joined two regions and this creates two new audio files, as it should. I delete the time stretched region and undo the joining of the other two regions, now Auria goes back to using the original audio files as it should. But it reeeaally wants to keep those old unused audio files, so I still have to do the load another project/import audio/delete audio files - workaround (since Auria gives a message about the files being active in the project if I try to delete them while in the same project).

Hope that made sense.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:06 pm

I think Shay hinted at the problem - Auria checks all the snapshots to make sure there's nothing there that uses any of the files. This includes auto snapshots. If there's an auto snapshot that uses a file, Auria won't delete it. I don't know of a good way around this, because if auto cleanup deletes a file, and you try to go back to an auto snapshot at a later time, you'll have issues, as it won't be able to locate those files.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:16 pm

how about, in the 'process' menu you could have:

-'purge' all snapshots of audio files not in current project.

That way auto-clean up should work.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:26 pm

Sure, that's a good idea. Or maybe a dialog box should come up when you do a cleanup to ask if you want to delete the associated snapshots.

As a workaround, you can delete the snapshots now directly from the snapshot menu, then do a cleanup.

Rim

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:37 pm

The work around did work.

I deleted the auto snapshots and reloaded the project and the unused files are gone.

It will be nice to have a dialog and then choose between delete snapshots or remove audio files from all existing snapshots if it's possible.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:42 pm

A dialog box sounds fine to me. In the "menu" menu couldn't there be a "clean up project" option that brings up a dialog box asking if you want to delete the associated auto snapshots (that all unused audio files are tied to) together with those unused audio files ? Or something similar..?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:56 pm

Yes, that sounds like a good plan.

Rim