Con. Reverb Setting Issue

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

timmyg
Expert

Con. Reverb Setting Issue

Post by timmyg » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:43 am

Hi all,

I've just loaded 3 songs that I haven't worked on for a while and all my reverb settings have completely changed.

I had varying amounts of reverb for drums & guitar etc on aux tracks, sub's and individual channels and when I listened back to them the amount of reverb is massive, huge, ridiculous! It's so loud it made me jump! The songs are totally swamped.

Can anyone advise with a fix here...I'm guessing it's a bug, or do I have to go back over all the settings and adjust them, pretty much meaning re-mixing each song from scratch!

cheers,
Tim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Con. Reverb Setting Issue

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:07 am

This is most likely caused by the issue we have with FabFilter plugins in 1.08. Please see the post about this in the bug subforum.

Rim

timmyg
Expert

Post by timmyg » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:11 am

Rim,

I've looked for the post you mentioned and can't find it. Can you send me a link/give me the topic?
So is there a fix for this issue, if I update to the latest version will it go back to the original settings?

thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:41 am

Sorry, it was in the General Discussions forum:

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10485

Basically, if you tried to use a project in 1.08 which has any of those FabFilter plugins in it, that project would get corrupted. We got Apple to approve an expedited review the next day, so now it's no longer a problem, but any projects you opened while in 1.08 that contained these FabFilter plugins would be corrupted now. if you have any snapshots or auto snapshots from before you opened it, those will load fine now under 1.09.

Rim

timmyg
Expert

Post by timmyg » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:27 am

Thanks Rim,

I've not used the snapshot functions before - what exactly are they?

So is my best bet to just reset the reverbs for the affected tracks? I suppose it's not a huge problem as all the actual audio seems to be there.

thanks again,
Tim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:25 am

Snapshots are a way of making a backup of the project at a certain point in time. A snapshot only backs up the project file itself (not the audio), so it's a fast process (less than a second), and takes up almost no room. Automatic snapshots are taken every 10 minutes, so you should have some auto snapshots in the list.

Rim