help with 1.08

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jjones

help with 1.08

Post by jjones » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:11 pm

I just updated and decided to look around. I had several issues with the screen freezing but not crashing.i thought it may be the plugins taking up too much ram so i froze everything since all i really needed to do was mix volume at this point. It ran good for a few minutes. I got done mixing and did a mix down. The resulting track had a horrible phasing white nose static. I've read other people having no problem with the update and I'm wondering what i should do.
This is my first post here and up until today, i have had no issues with auria at all. I love this program! Something has happened to it for me. Btw i am running an iPad 4 with 64gigs.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: help with 1.08

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:36 am

Could you describe what you mean when you say it was "screen freezing"? Was it crashing back to the desktop, or did you get a message of some sort? What were you doing when it happened?

Which settings did you use when doing the mixdown? Have you tried to do a mixdown with other settings, to see if there's a specific setting causing the white noise issue you describe?

Thanks,
Rim

jjones

Post by jjones » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:53 pm

The screen froze when i scrolled to the right in the editor. The time numbers in the left hand corner all combined into a bunch of scribbles for lack of a better word. The wavs combined in the same way. i could get it to play but that was all i could do. There was no crash message nor did it send me to the home screen. I had to manually end the app to correct it. It took me several tries (6-7) before i could get to mixdown. It seemed to run fine on the mixer screen.
Also i was mixing down to a mp3. I see an issue has already been brought to your attention. At the time i posted this i didn't see any mixdown problems. Once i changed to wav the problem went away other than one of my sub groups turning incredibly loud. I just assumed it was an error on my part.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:59 pm

The issue with number bunching up and strange artifacts in the editor screen is a known issue. It's very rare, and I haven't found a way to duplicate it. The usual workaround is to zoom by pinching. This usually clears up the problem.

I can't see how this would be related to any issues in the mixdown, though. I think they are two unrelated problems.

Are you able to duplicate any of the problems you had? If so, please let me know how to do it, or send me a project.

Thanks,
Rim