1.08 very weird behavior and screwed projects*solved*

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

CEIsar
Expert

1.08 very weird behavior and screwed projects*solved*

Post by CEIsar » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:19 pm

The last two days i was very happy with the latest update but well...that was before i tried to open certain pre 1.08 songs.The update totally f**ked up some of them.It's hard to tell ya what exactly is wrong,i still have no complete overview about the mess.

Theres definitely something screwed up with the preset files from Fabfilter and PSP.

I try to explain

1.ALL of my own Volcano and Timeless presets are gone and i have an empty insert slot where i used volcano or timeless before.
2.ALL of the Pro EQ settings (dozens) are set to zero or -worse- a low band is set to highest possible gain (see picture)
3.Oldtimer inserts has totally different settings now.Everything set to highest possible value for example.
4.VERY weird:some preset names changed between Fabfilter and PSP plugins.Look at the picture.You can see an active
preset in PRO EQ called"glue things together".As you can see,i have no such preset in my own saved presets nor is there an pro q standard preset with this name.But there's a preset in oldtimer with this name that i used in this song (both plugins in masterbus)!!!!
Or i found an active preset in oldtimer called"Sequencer 4".In fact that was a Volcano preset that i used in this song!!
5.All saturn inserts set to"default"as well but - god bless- my own saved presets are still there.
6.found some weird settings in micro warmer as well.
7.so many fancy snapshots now but every single one has the same problems (at least most of them,i did not open all)

I really appreciate your hard work und support and i welcome the new features but not on the cost of my projects.It's one thing to have some crashes here and there but losing work is a no go and should avoided in any case.I am doing a lot of sounddesign and"creative" (pre)mastering in auria and it's all gone (many days of work)and some stuff is quite useless now because i won't be able to reproduce them.Especially the loss of my last pre 1.08 song makes me very sad.Have to check more songs,found 5 so far.Will report back if i find more(problems).But first i go to bed now,i'm done with this day... :(

PICTURE:

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3231/gzd4b7i6_jpg.htm

(i know about the 102% cpu on this pic,another thing thats"new" now.But has nothing to do with the reported problems above.Sequencer was not running when i took the picture.I just opened the song)
Last edited by CEIsar on Wed May 08, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

CEIsar
Expert

Re: 1.08 very weird behavior and screwed projects

Post by CEIsar » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:27 pm

after i read about the Pro C bug:it looks like Timeless and Volcano are having the same problem.Great,hope i'll find a snapshot that i did not open now (when they fix it)but how can i get my presets back?

And it doesnt explain all of my problem.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:59 am

I talked to FabFilter, and you're right - indeed all of this is caused by their mistake when sending me the latest version of all of their plugins. They changed all the plugin IDs and names for all their plugins, causing presets to not show up. This also explains your issue with the "currently loaded" preset name still showing one of your presets, even though it's not in the list. These names are stored in the project, so they'll still show correctly on that box.

Your projects are safe (along with your presets). If you look into your Auria file system (using iFunBox for example), you'll see that there are two preset folders for each of these plugins now - your original one which still contains all your presets, and a new one with the new plugin name that FabFilter accidentally made. For example, there should now be a Pro-C folder and a Pro-C(SC) folder. The Pro-C folder still has your presets.

This doesn't explain any non FabFilter plugin issues. I'm really curious how it's possible for oldTimer to be affected by this. It hasn't changed at all in several versions. Are you sure that it's affected too? I can't see how that's possible.

I apologize again for this, and am shocked that none of us, or any of the beta testers discovered this critical issue. FabFilter is also upset about causing this problem and has already provided me with new versions of all the plugins. I am working on 1.09, and should get it off to Apple in the next day or two. I'll ask for an expedited review, and I hope they approve that request.

Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:32 am

Hi Rim,

yes the presets are still in there folders (although there are no new or double folders in the preset folder).But how can i access them now?Should i wait for the 1.09 update?

But that doesn't bring me all the lost settings (in oldtimer,microwarmer,Pro EQ) back that i did not saved in the plugins,right?I rarely save EQ settings otherwise it would be just too much in the preset list.But i use the pro Q a LOT
in all my songs.

And i'm 100% sure there are not only the Fabfilter affected.As i told you,having an Oldtimer in the masterbus with time,compression and output set to"30"is really nothing that somebody would forget.The masterbus limiter had a very hard time ;)

And i guess you saw the picture.It's a preset (name)from oldtimer in Pro Q.Both of them where in the masterbus.It happened vice versa with oldtimer in one channel where the oldtimer was in one insert and volcano in another insert.Oldtimers active preset had the name of my saved (and used in this song) preset of volcano.Absolutely sure,because"sequencer 4"is exatctly the preset i created in volcano for this channel.And i don't have a"sequencer 4"preset in oldtimer.

I apologize for my harsh words last night but i was (and i am) quite shocked as you can imagine.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:03 am

I now see the entire scope of the problem. Because FabFilter changed these IDs, if any project contains either Pro-C, Timeless or Volcano, there's a good chance that project will get corrupted if you attempt to load it in 1.08. This happens because when Auria can't find a plugin in your project, it substitutes it with "None", but this also causes it to skip reading that plugin's data in the project file, and causes a horrible offset of plugin data to be sent to the wrong plugins! This explains what you've been seeing. I've just fixed this, and will be testing it today.

If you have any snapshots from before you updated to 1.08, save these snapshots somewhere safe, as these will work properly in 1.09. Don't open these snapshots in 1.08 - opening a snapshot or loading a project with Pro-C, Volcano or Timeless will corrupt that snapshot/project.

Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:16 am

Unfortunately comes the warning to late.I opened not all snapshots last night but a lot of them.My latest snapshots of the affected songs are corrupted anyway then.Thanks to the the autosnapshot system theres a chance to get a some stuff back (jeez,and i asked you how to disable autosnapshot 2-3 days ago).But i also opened songs from the"pre autosnapshot aera"...

Can i SAFELY work on new projects now,even with Timeless and Volcano?What if i create new presets now?Will they be in the old preset folder?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:41 am

Yes, you can safely create new projects and work on them using all the plugins. I am adding code to 1.09 to read both the original plugin IDs and the new ones, and will test this well before release.

Rim