Mixdown Bug

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Mixdown Bug

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:45 pm

ok here's how it goes.
If I have a stereo track brought in by audiocopy and then mixdown the track in Auria to mono and name the track, the track becomes a mixdown of all the tracks in the project. If I ask it to mixdown in stereo the same problem exists if I try to name the track in the mixdown window. If I leave the name alone then it mixes down just the track I solo'd and it works in mono or stereo but if I try to name the track mixdown than everything gets mixed down. Cheers and I hope that is enough info for you to repeat the problem. it repeats itself everytime here.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Mixdown Bug

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:49 pm

Are you saying that if you have only one track soloed, doing a mixdown (and choose your own name for the mixdown), it will remove this solo (so you hear the entire mix)?

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:31 am

Yes that is correct. If I solo a track that I want to mixdown and give it a name than is the mixdown mixes every track with it but if I leave the name alone then it mixes down properly.cheers

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 am

OK, thanks, will investigate.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:36 am

Anthony,

I tried to duplicate this, but couldn't. I load the Approach project, solo a track, mixdown, and I get just that soloed track as expected, whether I name the mixdown or leave it as default. Could you please try this with the demo song, and see if you can make it happen? If this only happens in your project, it might be good for me to have that project to test.

Thanks,
Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:41 pm

The project I was working with was from tracks brought into Auria via audiocopy from iMPC but I will try with the approach demo or possibly try other audiocopy tracks from another app source. I was able to duplicate this each and every time so not sure what's up but I will let you know and thanks for everything.

Update: So I just tried this again and I can't get it to do that again. I even did several iMPC copies and they all mixed down properly with or without a unique tack name at the mixdown page. Also I tried audiocopy from another app and it mixes down properly as well. So not sure why the other night I couldn't get this to work but now it works flawlessly. Wierd but I'm back on track. Cheers and thanks for your help.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:12 pm

Not a problem. Let me know if it happens again.

Thanks,
Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:09 pm

Rim wrote:Not a problem. Let me know if it happens again.

Thanks,
Rim
Update again. Yes it did happen again. I seem to notice it when importing audio through the audiocopy or at least that was what I was doing. The more the mixdowns you do the more apparent it becomes until eventually it does this everytime. Again if I don't name the track then it always works it is only when I try to name the track that this happens. So in the end I didn't name any tracks just so I could carry on with my work. Two different projects this has happened on. If your going to try and duplicate this you will need to do at least 3-5 audiocopy from another app then try to mix down each imported stereo track down to mono and give those tracks a name. This wouldn't be needed if audiocopy didn't always come into auria as a stereo track. Cheers. and hope you can find the problem.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:34 pm

OK, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:46 pm

Rim wrote:OK, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Rim
think I just figured it out. It seems you have to name the file kick.wav or snare.wav eliminating the .wav is causing the problem. if I include the .wav as the extension to the name then it mixes down to mono just fine but if I leave that out then it gives me problems. No problem now I will just add that to the name. cheers.