Mixdown - Possible Naming Bug

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

peteT
Expert

Mixdown - Possible Naming Bug

Post by peteT » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:20 pm

Mixdown naming problem

I create a mixdown as wav and name it Mix 001.wav
A little later I create another mixdown and name it Mix 001 (forgetting I have used Mix 001 as a name) but without the extension name .wav ----- It overwrites my previous mix without warning me.

If you use the .wav and do another mix using the .wav it will always append the name with a 1,2,3 etc -- if you don't use the .wav and use the same name it will even overwrite a .wav of the same name without warning. They all save as .wav files, but you can get caught out with an overwrite if you don't use the .wav in the name. If you don't use the file extension you will get overwrites without warning should you accidentally use the same name twice.

Any thoughts?
This isn't just in version 1.09

Hope this helps!!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Mixdown - Possible Naming Bug

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:40 pm

Ok, thanks for the find! I'll add this to the list.

Rim

leem
Expert

Re: Mixdown - Possible Naming Bug

Post by leem » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:31 am

Was this changed? I now see different behavior. When I remove the added digits to the end of the filename, it doesn't warn me about overwriting the previous mixdown, and then it doesn't actually overwrite it. Which is very confusing, It goes all the way through the mixdown process and uploads to dropbox, and then I go look at dropbox and it shows a new upload of the original filename, but the contents are the old original mixdown.

I would prefer it to warn me and then let me overwrite it. Personally I don't need to keep a history of mixdowns, so accuumulating a bunch is not that helpful, and then I have to go clean them out.