Overloud THM problems

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Luke32

Re: Overloud THM problems

Post by Luke32 » Sun May 05, 2013 6:39 am

Hi I have the same setup as you iPad 3 focusrite 18i6 I have been having the same problems you describe with thm nice to hear about the headphone trick I'm going to test an iPad 2 through the same setup just to eliminate any chance that it could b the focusrite will b back this problems been driving me crazy thought it was some thing on my end until I saw your post

Luke32

Post by Luke32 » Sun May 05, 2013 7:25 am

I've just tested a iPad 2 through the focusrite 18i6 running overload was fine on it so it def must be the core audio issue wich is a shame. I've only ever had problems with overload though all the other plugins r fine and so r all my other music apps does anyone no wat makes overload prone to these core audio issues

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun May 05, 2013 7:34 am

The main reason why THM experiences this problem more than others is because they use retina graphics. This coreAudio bug is triggered by memory use, and because retina uses twice the amount of memory, it's more susceptible to the problem. iPad 1 and 4 are not affected, by the way.

Rim

Luke32

Post by Luke32 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:08 am

Thanks for the speedy reply rim that makes sense it's not a big problem with that headphone work around just glad to finally find out wat was causing the issue it's had me scratching my head 4 quite sumtime ha ha luv the app by the way and it just keeps getting better

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Mon May 06, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi Luke, It's a relief that someone else has experienced the same problem. I thought it was something I had done for a while. At least I won't have to invest in another Ipad just yet. I can live with using the Ipad headphone socket until I can justify upgrading to an Ipad 4 or whatever Apple muster up over the coming months. One point is that once a number of user setups on THM have been created and saved, using the headphone socket on the Focusrite is fine as long as you leave the indivual controller knobs alone. Take care

Trevor

Luke32

Post by Luke32 » Mon May 06, 2013 1:16 pm

That's really good 2 no cheers Morgan I wil spend the couple of days seting up a load of presets wiv the head phone jak your little work around makes it not 2 bad wen I saw you also owned a focusrite I started thinking it could be the cause but like I sed it must be the core audio after my tests I'm just glad I no wat it is iv been checking out the forums hoping 2 see sumone wiv a similar problem but wen there was nothing there I assumed it was me or sum of my equipment it must be quite rare the core audio problem cos every one else on the forum seems fine least it's not just me though ha ha wil probs get the new ipad wen it comes out I only use ipad for all my recordin and mastering love the portability thanks again Morgan

Rampan

Post by Rampan » Thu May 09, 2013 11:19 pm

Just to let you know of my experience since I just got THM last night, is exactly what Trevor described, I'm using an iPad 3 I'm using the latest Apogee Duet for iOS and the workaround by plugging in to the iPad's headphone also fixed it somehow.
Also the exact same setup on my old iPad 1 does not have this problem.
That concludes as Rim said that the problem is with THM using retina graphics.
I'm wondering who do we have to report our complaint about this?
Shouldn't Overloud do something about it to fix this for the iPad 3?

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri May 10, 2013 6:14 am

I've sent an email to Overloud to ask if they might disable retina in THM to solve this issue.

Rim