Audiobus problem

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Shay
Expert

Audiobus problem

Post by Shay » Sat May 11, 2013 7:42 am

Hi Rim,

I have a problem with recording Alchemy mobile into Auria via Audiobus.

When I use both apps together and copy/paste everything work fine and smooth.
When I close all apps, opened Audiobus and then these two apps from within Audiobus, Auria reports wrong bitrate (I use 48K project) and the project fails to load.

Fortunately I had snapshots so I replaced the project with the latest snapshot via PC iTunes (and prayed to god :) ) and its OK.

I understand that there may be problems with bitrate, however Auria must protect the project file and stop saving it in this case. Snapshot protection is also recommended in these cases.

Thanks.
Shay

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Audiobus problem

Post by Rim » Sat May 11, 2013 7:45 am

Most other apps are 44.1, so if you use Audiobus, you really can't use 48k or 96k Auria projects. So in your case, are you saying that Auria changed the project sample rate? What exactly happened to the project when you tried to load it?

Thanks,
Rim

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Sat May 11, 2013 7:49 am

As soon as i saw this "sample rate" error I pressed OK and switched to Audiobus.
I ejected both apps and closed them from the Taskbar.

When I opened Auria alone the project was empty with out any wav file, or plugin settings, although the files existed in the folder.

Using old snapshot (via export & import from iTunes and manually replacing the file) worked.

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Sat May 11, 2013 7:57 am

I understand the sample-rate 48K is not compatible.
However if Auria will protect the project file from corruption then it will save many tears and pain of loosing a project :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat May 11, 2013 9:16 am

Ok, I wasn't aware that it corrupted the project. I'll have a look. Of course it shouldn't do that.

Rim

Arhythminhim
Expert

Post by Arhythminhim » Mon May 13, 2013 1:45 pm

Sounds very similar to an audiobus issue I had where the crash corrupted my project. Not sure if it's connected.

http://interfaceswww.auriaapp.com/forum ... 19&t=10425

SSquared

Post by SSquared » Wed May 22, 2013 3:15 am

Had this happen tonight. Lost the project but had backup of WAV files. Have to remix and redo FX. I accidentally exported AAF to Dropbox instead of saving the project to Dropbox, so I had the wavs, but no mixer/effect adjustments.

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Wed May 22, 2013 3:31 am

SSquared wrote:Had this happen tonight. Lost the project but had backup of WAV files. Have to remix and redo FX. I accidentally exported AAF to Dropbox instead of saving the project to Dropbox, so I had the wavs, but no mixer/effect adjustments.
If you have snapshots of the project before the problem then you may solve it by doing the following:
1. Download the whole project to a PC/MAC
2. Copy one of the latest snapshots to the project file location.
3. Rename the project file to a temporary name.
4. Rename the snapshot to the project name.
5. Zip and upload back to Auria.

I saved my project like that.
It wasn't the last project status but I had less work to do.
Make sure you take a snapshot with time-stamp before the problem happened.

Regards,
Shay

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed May 22, 2013 7:28 am

Most projects have snapshots, because Auria makes them automatically every 10 minutes now. So I'm betting your project is safe.

Rim

SSquared

Post by SSquared » Thu May 23, 2013 3:20 pm

All of the files appear to get deleted when this error occurs, but I eventually deleted the project. But using iFunBox, it looked like all the files were gone and just empty folders. No problems. It was the first time to try recording with a USB interface. We were just thrilled to get anything recorded that night. We had only done some quick mixing on the spot. Since then my friend doing the mixing has really gone down into the nitty gritty. It was only a quick, temporary mix originally so for us, it was not too bad since I had all the WAV files.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu May 23, 2013 7:36 pm

That's not possible, as Auria never deletes the snapshot folders. However, it's possible that you hadn't run that project longer than 10 minutes, in which case an auto snapshot wouldn't be generated.

Rim