128 Gb iPad, this app only, it crashes on startup.

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

The User

Post by The User » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:29 am

Any help would be appreciated as it was the first app I tried, I have purchased the full suite... everything available and I purchased this ipad just for noise apps such as this one. I have since tried iFunbox trying to trick the ipad, restored from another ipad with all my apps, it just does't like 6.1.3 and this ipad! Everything else I normally use works just fine.

errrr!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: 128 Gb iPad, this app only, it crashes on startup.

Post by Rim » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:41 am

Is this a clean install of Auria? If not, I suggest deleting Auria completely from this iPad (tap and hold on the Auria icon, then press the X). Next, go to the App Store and purchase Auria again. Apple will not charge you twice. This is the only way to ensure you're not restoring from a backup. Once it's downloaded, launch Auria. Make sure you wait for the entire tutorial screen to finish (it's busy uncompressing and setting up files during this stage). You shouldn't have any issues if you follow these steps.

If you're upgrading from another iPad, you can back up all your projects on the old iPad using iFunBox or something similar, then copy those projects back into the new iPad. But do this only after you're launched Auria on the new iPad, to make sure there's nothing wrong with one of your projects.

Rim

The User

Post by The User » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:54 am

That isn't it, clean installs of Auria will not load either...

I & our studios eat iPads for breakfast, I understand the iPad's basic features and tricks in general with the best of them, use Lemur and a few things around that level with no worries. This app simply won't load Auria on the new 128GB I picked up for it. Everything else works as expected on it. By the way, besides a thank you for the quick reply, I do hope by purchasing every single in app purchase, you find even just a little of it helps goes towards further development. I lol, would rather play with this than and and I mean insane type level, FULLY loaded PT HDX setup and room full of outboard gear at times! I do love your program when it works.

Yes at times I forget what sunshine feels like.

It's just cool when your program worked and reminds me of why I started a recording studio 20 or so years ago! In a galaxy far too close for me not to dream of what's out there :)

But I swear on the gods above and below... it really seems this app is just not liking the 128GB iPad which is a hell of a bummer considering I only purchased the new iPad because of your program! It works fine on others and found it inspiring considering I will be able to feed it from a smaller iPad running my most favorite apps of all kinds including some analog gear I dig, if it would run, but it unfortunately just hangs on the logo, crashes, yet stays in the task area and then never loads up ANY other screen or screens. I would be very happy to patiently wait for it to run through the tutorial screen if it would.

It does not. I was on the verge of buying a real interface for this program and the new iPad. I really need any suggestions anyone knows of. I am sure there might be something I missed via searching the forums.

I have reset it;
Erased it and stated from scratch again. Only loading Auria to test (twice now);
Even refrained from smashing it with a heavy object...

What could cause this? Any switches on or off critical to it running?? Does any one else here have a 128GB iPad to assure me it will eventually work? I treat this one like my others, and Auria works ok, all but one iPad2 I now only use iPad3 64 GB, with and without the older 30pin connector. All the iPad1s made nice picture frames past few months :)

I needed the space (this larger iPad) to move forward with some of my audio programs when shuffling about with Notion etc, engineering and mastering work overseas, it carries my lifeblood around with your program, etc... (I use it for email, keeping simple notes and a calendar as well) I am looking forward to being able to perhaps even work for instance; editing tracks of my own music whenever I am hanging out waiting for others to get their shit together (happens more often than it should). Hence the 128 iPad, to go with a Surface Pro ~ both fit in my carry on bag/briefcase. When this works as I hope it will, I'll create another apple ID and repurchase it just as a thank you, and hope you continue to develop it to it's full potential.

I most certainly mean it when I say thanks for any help or ideas you can provide!

Once this is fixed I will also be happy to try transferring some tracks back and forth from some Vienna scores bounced down for experimenting, and some of my Kyma projects for further editing and mixing samples to bounce before loading back into Kyma (what I would normally do in Pro Tools) and record some tutorials after I muck about and learn a thing or two about how this program works. I love the concept of having this work on an iPad with sufficient space.

Thanks for you time!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:14 am

We have a 128GB iPad here, and it works fine. Other users also own 128GB iPad, and have had no issues, so I'm sure it's something simple we can get solved.

Some questions:

- Is it Jailbroken?
- When you do a fresh install of Auria, are you re-purchasing it from the app store within the iPad? Or are you installing Auria another way, like through iTunes. I recommend doing it only from the iPad's own app store (repurchasing it).
- I assume no other apps are running at the time (for example audiobus). You can verify this by double-tapping on the home button. Even apps like App Store, Settings, Safari should be closed to make absolutely sure nothing is running. I'm sure you already know this, but rebooting does not free any memory or close apps. So you really need to close apps AND reboot to make sure your iPad has been reset.

Rim

Rim

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:19 am

Auria most definitely works just fine with the 128GB iPad 4. I upgraded from the iPad 1 to this iPad and I run Auria with no issues whatsoever. As Rim suggests, it is probably something simple, so certainly keep at it!

The User

Post by The User » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:26 am

Thanks guys will post update, I am following the suggestions above, so I must need to try resetting and rebooting, but I could of sworn I did that, and yes I am installing fresh from the store and have never jailbreak iPads under warranty. On that note I've actually only done it out of curiosity a few times on older iPads, and old phones to run tiny versions of *nix etc...

Will post back as soon as I am back in the studio! THANKS for the quick replies it's very reassuring :)