Update Crashes

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

hurdygurdyman

Update Crashes

Post by hurdygurdyman » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:55 pm

Just updated the app and now Auria won't open - just get initial splash screen and then crash. I'm using OS 6.1.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Update Crashes

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:35 pm

Please update to iOS7 or later. We've had other reports of this issue, and will be changing the minimum specs. It seems one of the components we use isn't iOS6 compatible. Sorry for the trouble.

Rim

Gorf

Post by Gorf » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:08 am

Hi,
I am on iOS8 and after updating a few days ago this app is crashing all the time. Can I revert to the previous version? Was just starting to use this program and am not enjoying this at all. I had none of these problems in the few sessions I had prior to upgrading.

Regards

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:32 am

Apple doesn't allow going back unfortunately. This is an .00 release, and while we strive to get rid of all the bug with lots of beta testing, inevitably some still get through. There's an update coming this week (2.01) that addresses a lot of issues users have reported.

Rim

Gorf

Post by Gorf » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:25 am

Still crashes when trying to start app. I should have never tried to 'upgrade' seeking the advertised 'graphic improvements' In two attempts to 'upgrade' I have downloaded almost a gigabyte in said 'updates' and cant load the app at all. Athe latest 'upgrade' has resulted in a new crash- 'Error loading interapps'

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:29 am

Gorf,

Sorry to hear about the issues - IAA problems are very common among all iOS apps, not just Auria. What you describe doesn't sound like a crash, but a failure to load an IAA app. The solution to this is to force all the apps closed by double-tapping on the home button and swiping up on all the apps (including Auria). Then reboot the iPad (hold down on the power button).

Rim

Gorf

Post by Gorf » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:40 am

I already did that and I am not able to start the app, it is the same crash. I have downloaded over 1 giga byte of updates (!?) and to no avail. I would like to know how can I save the recordings I made on the previous version?

Your app is broken and your solutions are not working. I wish I had never bothered with this update as I was having no problems with the old version, and was able to make several recordings, but now I have no way of accesing them?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:51 am

I recommend deleting your app and reinstalling if you're continuing to have issues. The easiest and most reliable way to save your projects is to use iFunBox. It's a free PC/Mac program. It allows you to see all the folders in Auria. Just copy all the project folders to your computer, delete Auria, reinstall it and then copy those project folders back.

Rim

halftone

Post by halftone » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:31 am

RIM, I was in touch with you on the AB forum about this.
Was also getting instant crashes when the initalization/welcome screen bar finished installing on my ipad 4 running ios 7.0.2. Was told the issue was because of my ios and would be looked at ... I'm not ready to update to ios9 quite yet as things run very smoothly on my system. So I had to ask for a refund at this time, but will gladly purchase again whenever I do update or if the issue is resolved.

Anyways RIM, I also have Auria LE installed - and am wondering if I update to Auria 2.0 will I get the same crash upon finishing the welcome setup install or is it safe for ios7?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:36 am

All versions of Auria use the same codebase, so they're all exactly the same (except for the difference in features). Did you try to update Auria to v2.01, which was released last night? I fixed an issue that prevented Auria from working on iOS7.

Rim

Gorf

Post by Gorf » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:28 am

Thanks to the tip re. Ifunbox, I was able to back up my wav files to use in Logic on Mac. However, I am unhappy to report that I have since had to ask for a refund and delete the app because the app simply does not work as advertised.

What I fail to understand is why am I not able to revert back to the previous version- it was working fine for my purposes; recording multi track IAA simultaneously, and a few days after installing and using the app, I saw an update offering improved graphics. I was not informed of the color changes and subsequent inabilty to load the app whatsoever. It simply claimed improved retina graphics. The old version was slightly blurry but looked good, the new version-all grey, and almost indistinguishable between the channel FX and the mixer. Personal opinion not withstanding;

I guess I have learned my lesson- don't believe the hype! I feel as though I payed to beta test a program update.

In any case I have over 20 music apps none of which are having any of the issues that I have with your app. I have been recording to tape for over 25 years and digitally over 18 years and I feel no need to congratulate you on a product that does not work, as some of your customer seem to be doing. In fact I might venture to propose that there are some issues regarding Consumer Protection that might be worth looking into.

First, your product was advertised as being an improvment upon the product I had (which already worked.) After installing this update, the program began to crash repeatedly and eventually stopped working altogether.

Second, I was given several instructions on how to remedy this problem which proved to be false. The only working solution to the problem, which was created by downloading over 1 gigabyte of updates, was that you recommended a third party software to backup files that otherwise would have been lost had I followed your instructions to delete the app and reinstall, although this was not really a remedy to the problem of the app being broken for all intents and purposes.

In any case I woud appreciate any reasonable reply and or explanation.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:18 am

I'm sorry you experienced problems with the update. Unfortunately Apple makes it impossible to go backwards with app updates, and as we are limited by Apple's system, there's simply nothing we can do to go backwards.

Auria 2.0 is a result of almost three years of work on my part to rewrite Auria for better performance and add features for Auria Pro. Although I assembled a beta team consisting of 150 well respected testers, it's inevitable (as with all modern software) that bugs will remain in an .00 release. As a one man company, I don't have the resources of a team of developers. I am working hard to fix as many issues as I can, as soon as they are discovered. While the issues you've experienced are significant to you, the vast majority of users have experienced no issues whatsoever.

As for the change in the color scheme, I have been talking about this change for over a year, have publicly released the graphics for comment and have taken user suggestions all along. I've even sent e-mails to all the registered users informing them of the coming changes last January.

Rim

bruderkong

Post by bruderkong » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:15 am

hey rim
same trouble here. i am on ios 8. the first time i started auria after being updated on 9th of december, everything looked ok, new graphics and stuff. the trouble started when i wanted to open an early project from two weeks ago. since then, auria crashes every time a few seconds after starting. i shortly can see a window being asked for my email for trobleshooting but everything disappears before being able to type in anything.
another strange thing is, that auria keeps active in background, though it crashed a few moments ago and disappeared from display. but double-clicking on home button reveals its still active..
i am recording my new stuff only via ipad & auria and my deadline is 31.12.15, so this really feels like a catastrophy for me.
helps us, o-be-rim kenobi !
ios 8.4.1 / ipad air2 no jailbreak / 64gb / iconnect audio4+

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:18 am

It's normal that an app still stays in open in the task bar after it crashed.You should close it completely (swipe up) before you restart Auria then.Maybe a restart of your device can help as well.After failing to load a project a couple of times auria should just start with a new,empty project automatically (and giving you a message with options what you want to do now).If you have trouble with a certain project it can also help (for rim to track down bugs) sending this project to rim(at)drumagog.com
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

bruderkong

Post by bruderkong » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:09 am

CEIsar wrote:It's normal that an app still stays in open in the task bar after it crashed.You should close it completely (swipe up) before you restart Auria then.Maybe a restart of your device can help as well.After failing to load a project a couple of times auria should just start with a new,empty project automatically (and giving you a message with options what you want to do now).If you have trouble with a certain project it can also help (for rim to track down bugs) sending this project to rim(at)drumagog.com
thanks ceisar for responding. sure, i swipe auria off completely (and restarted my ipad itself two times), before i try to open it again. full of hope auria would ask me if i want to choose another project or a blank projekt to initialize auria with, i tried to open auria for about fourty times. no change in opening behaviour.

no jailbrake here. just music apps and angry birds installed.

i succeeded in taking a snapshot before auria crashes \o/ :

http://i65.tinypic.com/rh0n6b.jpg

it says "new project 1" on the top. then it changes its name to the projectname that i chose once after the update and craaaashh..
i was not messing around with a lot of in app purchases, automations and stuff with auria. just layering and cutting wavs or aifs, 6 tracks maximum.
ios 8.4.1 / ipad air2 no jailbreak / 64gb / iconnect audio4+