Auria Pro Ipad Air 2 and Midi Keyboard

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dvarnav

Auria Pro Ipad Air 2 and Midi Keyboard

Post by dvarnav » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:14 am

I have the folowing setup
Ipad Air 2 128GB / CME Xkey 37
In most cases if Ipad get sleep (screen off) Auria Pro lose MIDI connection and even if you wake up Ipad Miid connection does not recovered. The only way to re-enable the MIDI connection is to remove and reconnect the USB cable of the keyboard.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria Pro Ipad Air 2 and Midi Keyboard

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:13 am

Have you tried going into Auria's settings and enabling Background Audio mode?

Rim

dvarnav

Post by dvarnav » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:17 am

Actually I have not done but I tested now and it seems that this eliminate the non bug. I thought that this setting was only about audio during opening other applications. Thank you very much Rim

mastrodommy

Post by mastrodommy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:30 pm

Hello!
I had the same problem too, so I actived background audio in settings.
It works for a few minutes then auria stops and I am not able to play till I unlock the ipad and open Auria again.
Don't you have the same problem? D:
Thank you!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:02 am

If you see this happening while Auria is in the background, it's due to iOS killing Auria because it's using too much memory. Try reducing the number of plugins, or loading smaller instruments in Lyra. Also, freezing your tracks will help.

RIm

LenZoo

Post by LenZoo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:20 pm

I'll just pick up on this thread...
I have a CME xKey Air and it keeps losing connection to Auria. It does not do it with other apps such as Cubasis, AUM, or Garage Band so I suppose Auria might have a problem with the connection. I even activated background audio with no positive result. Do you have any ideas?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:28 pm

Auria doesn't have any control over bluetooth MIDI connections - it's all handled by iOS. I'm not sure what could be going on. Have you tried replacing the batteries?

Rim

Charlie

Post by Charlie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:09 am

I have the same setup except I only have 64 gig on I pad and same problem .go into settings on iPad and go to Display and brightness and you can set your iPad not to sleep. Go to to Auto-lock and you can put never and it will stay on without sleeping.

LenZoo

Post by LenZoo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:37 pm

Thank you for the responses. Yes, the batteries are fine. The CME xKey Air keeps losing connection to Auria after pressing any button on the mixer (rec, select, per-channel midi) or just after a minute or two. I have to then go back to settings and reconnect. The keyboard has absolutely no connection problems with other apps.

Any suggestions? :roll:

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:10 pm

We have had the same drop-out problem with our XKey Air since we received it from CME. They are aware of the problem and were supposed to be looking into it from their end, but I haven't heard anything back from them in a long while.
May be worth shooting an email off to CME to see if they discovered the cause of the issue yet.

-Corey