Last used aux knob resets to 0 when scrolling mixer

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

boltzmann

Last used aux knob resets to 0 when scrolling mixer

Post by boltzmann » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:54 pm

I've stumbled on an odd behavior... If I set an aux knob and then swipe to scroll the mixer display to the right, then that knob will reset to 0. This is true for aux1 and aux2; whichever was the last one I adjusted gets reset. Rotating to go from landscape to portrait doesn't affect it, and I see this behavior regardless of screen orientation. This is also true for both sub channels and input channels.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Last used aux knob resets to 0 when scrolling mixer

Post by Rim » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:30 am

I don't have this problem here. Can you post a video showing how to make this happen? I tried scrolling the mixer both left and right several times and the AUX knobs I have set remain correct.

Rim

boltzmann

Post by boltzmann » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:23 pm

Sure. It turns out it's not necessarily a reset to 0, but a reset to the last state, but it also doesn't happen 100% of the time, just most of the time. Attaching a .mov file was rejected, so I've put it on dropbox at,
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/248 ... b_bugS.mov
If there's another way you'd rather I get the clip to you, please let me know..

I used a combination of manually adjusting the knobs and double-tapping. Then I flick left and back right (and, on occasion, I get a slider in the process which perturbs the pattern).

Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:46 am

Yes - this is intended behavior in Auria. If you try scrolling across the screen and happen to touch a control when you begin your scroll, the control will move. Auria resets that control to its previous position automatically after you let go.

To prevent this, don't start your scroll on top of any controls.

Rim

boltzmann

Post by boltzmann » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:47 pm

I'm not sure we're actually describing the same thing. What I've found is repeatable is the following:

Create new empty project adding 2 channels.
double-tap on aux2 knob for channel 1 to set to 0 dB
place finger in open square below aux2 knob on sub 1, then move left or right a mm or two so there's some scrolling of the whole screen

The aux2 knob on channel 1 goes back to -∞ dB. Here, I'm scrolling without touching any control, just that empty square between the sub's aux2 knob and the slider.

Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:46 pm

Ok, thanks. That's the functionality I was describing, but it looks like it's not working correctly for that particular knob. Probably a bug.

Rim