Lyra Save/Edit Preset Issue

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tovokas
Expert

Lyra Save/Edit Preset Issue

Post by Tovokas » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:33 am

For the last stretch, the preset box at the top of the Lyra window has listed a preset I previously created, but tapping on it wouldn't launch the drop down, so there was no way to save or edit a preset.

I reinstalled Auria, and now the preset box is blank, but tapping on the down arrow still fails to fire the drop down.

The preset drop downs work fine in One, Twin 2, and AU Synths.

Any ideas?

Jon
iPad Pro 12.9, 128 gigs, lots of open space, iOS 10.2.1

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Lyra Save/Edit Preset Issue

Post by Rim » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:09 am

Was the name you created for this preset very long? It's possible there's a bug preventing very long names from being tappable. If you have iFunBox on your Mac/PC, you can go into the Lyra samples folder and rename that file...

Rim

Tovokas
Expert

Post by Tovokas » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:32 am

After the re-install, the list should just include the stock soundfonts. I'll take a look though and report back.

Tovokas
Expert

Post by Tovokas » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:53 pm

Unfortunately, stripping the Sampler Instruments folder down to just a single soundfont in iFunbox doesn't change the behavior. (Even after a full restart).

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:36 pm

I'm not sure I fully understand. If you delete Auria from your iPad, then reinstall, surely the Lyra box will have all the default samples in it... When you reinstall Auria, are you doing it from the app store, or are you restoring from an iCloud backup? I would do a clean install to make sure it's a default Auria installation.

Rim

Tovokas
Expert

Post by Tovokas » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:45 am

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, I deleted Auria, and performed a complete re-install from scratch, so the only Lyra samples are those installed with the default install and restored purchases.

The list of standard presets show up in the instrument list, but the dropdown at the top of the Lyra window where you create/edit user presets is blank, and doesn't respond to being tapped. I've attached a pic to show what I'm talking about. (The same preset box works perfectly for One, Twin 2, and all my AU synths).

Thanks!
Attachments
Image 3.jpg

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:52 am

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding on my part. That's the plugin preset box, for saving channelstrip or plugin presets. It's not used by Lyra, as all Lyra samples are located in the main Lyra samples dropdown and in the mixer view's instrument selector.

Rim

Tovokas
Expert

Post by Tovokas » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:15 am

Thanks for the clarification. :)

The reason I was looking to add my own Lyra presets is because many of the exs files I've brought in from Logic and Mainstage seem to come in with wonky attack and release settings, and need to be modified to be playable: it would be helpful to save presets with the correct settings.

I've really new to the sample world, so I never thought of modifying the EXS files specifically for Auria importing...

If there are any EXS gurus out there, is there an editor that works on the PC? My MacBook is slow, aging, and semi-retired, currently serving as a boot camp Windows 10 machine for my daughter to play MineCraft and watch YouTube videos: I only reboot it and remote in to publish to the App Store as working on it is like typing in molasses...