Auria Will Not Open

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jtstephe

Auria Will Not Open

Post by jtstephe » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:41 pm

Running Auria Pro (Original Auria upgraded via Interapp purchase to Pro) on IOS 10.2.1 on iPad Air 2....

Had just removed a few plugins and was making adjustments in Pro-C2 when Auria crashed.

Tried to reopen and Auria would crash again before I could enter anything into the crash report. Repeated this a few times.

Performed clean reboot of iPad. Tried to reopen and Auria still crashes. Performed multiple clean reboots and it still crashes.

Any ideas on how to get Auria Pro running again?

Corey W
Expert

Re: Auria Will Not Open

Post by Corey W » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:50 am

Start by connecting your iPad to a Mac or PC and use iTunes File Sharing or iFunBox (preferred, free from www.i-funbox.com) to rename or remove the current Auria Project that crashed on your iPad.

When you go back to start Auria and it sees the crashed project is not there, it should open a new blank session for you.

If you just renamed the project instead of removing it from your iPad, you can then try to recover the audio from the crashed session by using Menu> Import File in your new project to import the original audio tracks.

jtstephe

Post by jtstephe » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:45 pm

Ok, I downloaded iFunBox and changed the project name. I can now open Auria.

I take it from your response that there is no way to save the project and that I will need to start over from scratch. Is that correct or is there a way to save the project?

Thank you for your help!

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:38 am

Well it depends. There are a few things that you can try, but it depends on the last state of the session before it crashed.

If you would be willing to send me the corrupt session I can try to save it from my end. I am currently working on another user's project and seemingly able to recover most everything he had done up until the crash.

-Connect your iPad to a Mac or PC.
-Download iFunBox from http://www.i-funbox.com
-In iFunBox go to the left side column, click on 'App File Sharing'.
-The main window will populate with all of your Apps present on your iPad.
-Double click on the Auria folder
-Single click to highlight the corrupt project and copy it to your computer desktop
-Upload the entire project folder to DropBox and then copy/paste a link in an email to: support [at} drumagog [dot] com

King
Expert

Post by King » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:58 am

In the past I have been able to rename a snapshot via iFunbox, to the current currupted project name. Meaning I replaced the project file with a snapshot file, and I got my project back, excluding the very latest changes.

It worked for me the time I did it year before last. Nothing to lose, but I take no responsibility.

King

Added: either it was a snapshot or it was a project file I had backed up on PC.
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

Echotapper

Post by Echotapper » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:35 pm

jtstephe wrote:Running Auria Pro (Original Auria upgraded via Interapp purchase to Pro) on IOS 10.2.1 on iPad Air 2....

Had just removed a few plugins and was making adjustments in Pro-C2 when Auria crashed.

Tried to reopen and Auria would crash again before I could enter anything into the crash report. Repeated this a few times.

Performed clean reboot of iPad. Tried to reopen and Auria still crashes. Performed multiple clean reboots and it still crashes.

Any ideas on how to get Auria Pro running again?
Same here on my iPad pro. When using, as an example, a drum to record the DAW will refuse to provide audio. When a new session is started it is back to work.

P.