Duplicating regions bug

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jellybean

Duplicating regions bug

Post by jellybean » Wed May 30, 2018 2:19 pm

I created an extra click track line for tracking some drum parts in to a project, the built in metronome wasn’t cutting through the mix. I started by creating a 1 bar region then duplicated it a number of times....but whilst playing along I could hear that something was slightly off, so I started selecting individual duplicates of the original 1 bar click track region and to my surprise some of the start and end points were varying!! I then erased all the duplicates and verified that the original was good, it was. I re-duplicated that 1 bar region and the same thing happened....at random points I found duplicates whose start and end points were varying.

The one variable outside of Auria in this project that I should mention is that I tried routing Patterning drum machine through an input channel slaved to Auria via IAA tempo sync, I stopped trying this because the sync was sloppy as hell!!

So I had got rid of Patterning b4 noticing the region length problem.

jellybean

Re: Duplicating regions bug

Post by jellybean » Wed May 30, 2018 2:37 pm

Ok I tried opening a new project and creating a new click track part, the duplicates in this project are all good. So it seems that the timing in general gets messed up if syncing up an IAA unit, even once that unit has been erased from the project and closed.

I suspected that IAA sync might be dodgy from previous experiments.

Ableton link? :D