Condense Region Bug in new up-date

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Condense Region Bug in new up-date

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:50 pm

Bug report about the new Condense Region Process.

When a track has been frozen with FX, and then the Condense Region is selected for the song,  the frozen track if cut out or edited in the editor window still plays the removed section.  This effect does not occur on tracks that were not frozen before the Condense Region Option  is activated in the Process Menu.  These non frozen tracks cut up well and do not play were they have been cut out,  nor are the FX affected,  so non frozen tracks can be edited as normall , but Any track frozen before the Condense Region Process was activated cannot be edited.  An import Audio of the same track, or just copy the parts of the track being affected and paste them into a newly created track lets you get back to where you started , so all is not lost,  but a new track must be created and the Frozen track Muted in the project. You could just delete the track,  but there is a problem with that too.  If you have a 16 track project and the track you wish to delete is track 16, then no problem.  The problem occurs when you want to delete say track 5,  every track left will shift it's  setting  including FX to the next track.  In other words , FX applied to say drums on track 2 , now takes on the FX of another track.  Just try deleting a track other than the last track on The Approach Project and see the entire mix messed up as far as EQ,  FX and Level.  The first part of this bug is only since the new up-date, as the Condense Region Option to help permanently remove unused files that are using up disk space and are no longer being used in the project was only introduced with the new up-date,   but the track deletion problem mentioned at the end  has been evident from the first release of Auria .

I needed more test's so I delayed the bug report..

Cheers,   hope this helps out there in Auria Land.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Condense Region Bug in new up-date

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:53 pm

Great, thanks for the report. We'll fix this in the next update.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Condense Region Bug in new up-date

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:40 pm

Thanks. I should also mention that the files that are supposed to be deleted in the Condense Region proceedure did not remove the unused files and in fact when I loaded my project I lost the Bass track which WAS being used in the project. The file had been removed from the project files folder, however the ones that werent remained. Hope this helps. Cheers. Just purchased some more plug-ins. Really excited to try them out. Love your app.