Mono Track changes to Stereo Mystery

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Mono Track changes to Stereo Mystery

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:27 am

Was working on a mix and my mono bass track turned to stereo and only offered a stereo FX. This has happened to me before but I thought it might have been fixed. The original track was imported using audiocopy so I had to mixdown the stereo file to a mono file on a new track and then deleted the stereo audiopaste from the files so no stereo file was left lingering. Why does this happen. My fix was to re-mixdown the now mono bass track to yet again another mono track and the problem went away and I had access to all my mono FX settings. Any ideas anyone and has anyone experienced this.?
Thanks.
~~_/)~~~

mtingle
Expert

Re: Mono Track changes to Stereo Mystery

Post by mtingle » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:42 am

This happened to me very recently (1.04) to a mono track that became a stereo one. The only clue as to what triggered it was just before hand I had deleted a whole bunch of tracks. Sometimes Auria can get get confused when re-arranging/ deleting/ adding tracks. It maybe that deleting tracks can cause this.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:33 am

This must be a very rare occurrence, because I've never seen this myself. It's possible that this happens after moving tracks around or deleting tracks. However, I've just tried creating/deleting/moving tracks for quite a while and didn't have this happen to me.

If anyone can find a repeatable way for this to happen, let me know.

Thanks,
Rim

atomgram

Post by atomgram » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:09 am

Happened several times. Fixed with a bounce.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:23 am

Actually, this may be happening when you import a stereo wav or aif file into that mono track. As soon as you add a stereo file to a track, Auria will turn that track into stereo (even if it's a small stereo region, with most of the track having mono regions). This is by design.

Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:31 pm

It happened to me while tracking. Nothing imported. I thought it had something to do with the MicroWarmer and freezing but haven't been able to duplicate. I was tracking guitars with the THM plugin and an Apogee Jam.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:08 pm

I believe this has been fixed in 1.05

Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:10 pm

I know; I was just mentioning it in case they were somehow related. Probably should have been more specific.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:45 pm

When I import my audiopaste files I always create a stereo track then mixdown that stereo track to a mono track then I delete the stereo track. I was working with the plugins when this happened and I had frozen the track a few times. I will see if it happens to me again but I just finished an intensive mix and Auria worked great. Love Auria.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:28 am

I take that back, I was not able to completely fix this mono to stereo issue for 1.05. You'll find that 1.05 works very well for frozen tracks now, but one issue remains: if you freeze a track which contains a mono to stereo or a stereo plugin, the track will become a stereo track after you unfreeze.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:49 am

Hi Rim, did I read somewhere in the forum that some new plugins would be available in this 1.05 update and if so are they new or more add ons like IR files or Gog samples. I would love a de- Esser or a stereo widener.

Started as a new plugin question but ended up a wish list again. dam me.
Cheers
Happy holidays.
~~_/)~~~

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:13 am

This time it'll be a surprise, but I think you'll like it ;)

Rim