MSP and Hybrid IR

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rafael_ollero
Expert

MSP and Hybrid IR

Post by rafael_ollero » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:07 am

Hi,
I'd buy MSP and Hybrid IR Files but can't see in the convolution reverb menu, only appears 25 files.
Where's the IR that I'd buy.
Or how can I select the news?

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Re: IR Files

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:16 am

After you purchase an IR library, it should appear in the convolution file browser (along with the 25 free IR files). First, make sure you remove the convolution reverb from the channel (if it was already inserted). It will only scan for new files when it's first opened. It the files still are not showing up, it's possible that the IR files did not download and uncompress properly. In this case, please try this:

1. Go to the Auria store again
2. Press the button at the top right, called "Restore Purchases"
3. You should see the download begin. Please make sure this download finishes, and the files uncompress completely.
4. Now you should see the IR files

Rim

rafael_ollero
Expert

Post by rafael_ollero » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:05 am

Hello,
I'll try 4
And don't work, I saw that the program create 2 IR Files Folder.
With phone view I saw, that in one folder r the 25 free
and in the other Folde the IR Files that I bought.

But not scan for the News.
Mmmm.bad

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:31 am

There should only be one folder: IR Files. What is the name of the other folder?

Notice the spelling must be perfect: IR Files. (with the correct capital letters)

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:43 am

OK, we found the problem, it was on our end. The IR files are copied with the wrong folder name. We are fixing this now. As a workaround, just copy all the purchased IR files into the folder named IR Files. The wrong one is called IR FIles. (with a capital I).
Sorry for the trouble.

Rim

rafael_ollero
Expert

Post by rafael_ollero » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:48 am

I have the same idea, move the IR Files to the correct folder, now works fine.
Thanks for rapid feedback.

Wonderful Auria.
Good LucK

kevinmac

Post by kevinmac » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:19 am

Same problem here... but where do you find the files and the IR Files folder? I bought all the add-ons and can't see where to move those downloaded IRs. Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:22 am

We've just fixed the issue. Just go to the Auria store, and press the Restore Purchases button on top. This should download a fresh copy of the IR files, which have the fix in them.

Thanks,
Rim

offthesky
Expert

Post by offthesky » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:24 am

is it possible for one to use their own custom irs with the convolution reverb?

noise.offthesky.com

Rim
Site Admin

Re: MSP and Hybrid IR

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:57 am

Yes, you have two choices for using your own IRs:

1. Rename the ir file you want to use to .ir For example room.WAV should be room.ir Copy this file into Auria's main (root) folder using iTunes File Sharing

2. Add your WAV files into the IR Files folder. To do this, you'll need to create a folder on your PC/Mac called IR Files. The capitalization is important. Then, copy the files into this folder. Zip the folder, then copy the zip file into Auria's main (root) folder.

Make sure you close/reopen convolution reverb to see any changes.

Rim

offthesky
Expert

Post by offthesky » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

excellent, thanks rim!

im curios if the file format needs to be a particular type( like 44khz 16bit .wav stereo) or can the convolution plugin take higher res 48k 24bit? also do .aif files work? thanx again...

noise.offthesky.com

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:18 pm

The IR must be a wav file (16 or 24 bit), stereo and must be the same sample rate as your project.

Rim

offthesky
Expert

Post by offthesky » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:47 am

i've just tried add my own ir file and, using both methods you mentioned, it neither worked. i then examined the file structure of the app(using iexplorer) and noticed the ir files are actually named with the ".irf" extension. anyway, i renamed my ir file to have the .irf extension and dropped the IR Files .zip into the app's folder via itunes sharing. the irf now shows up in the convolution plugin's IR list but it crashes the app every time i try loading my own ir. it's a stereo, 16bit, 44khz PCM .wav(about 6 seconds, 1meg). any ideas how i can get this to work? maybe there's a different format other than .wav(like raw or .aif) that the plugin uses?

thanks for your help so far!
Last edited by offthesky on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

noise.offthesky.com

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:51 am

irf is an encrypted, custom file format that's only used by Auria for it's purchased IRs. This is done by MoReVox to prevent the purchased IR from being used in other programs (that's why it's offered at such a low price compared to what a normal IR library would cost).

If you simply put your wav files into the same physical folder as the rest of the irf files, you'll see them the next time you launch Convolution reverb, and you'll be able to load them.

NOTE: Aiff files can't be used. They must be .wav

Rim

offthesky
Expert

Post by offthesky » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:10 am

okay, so i just tried your method 2 - uploading a .zip folder(called IR files) into the app's root via iTunes file sharing but instead named my file with it's native ".wav" instead of ".ir" and it worked! Upon reloading the plugin, my custom files showed up at the bottom of the IR list. i also noticed that if you want to just drop the ir files within the root using itunes, they have to have the .ir extension to work in that case. Thanks again for your help...
Last edited by offthesky on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noise.offthesky.com