Auria Abus problem

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

benetom

Auria Abus problem

Post by benetom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:04 am

I just did fresh install of full Auria with Audiobus 1.06 on my iPad 3 32GB, but I am having big problems with it. Recording first track in Auria with let`s say Magellan or SUnrizer is going well. But as soon as I try to record second track there is a big problem with glitches in synth input slot when playing or recording. Also there is a latency problem. Changing latency in Auria doesn`t help at all :(
Am I doing something wrong or ?...I am really frustrated at the moment :D

Some help please good guys :D

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Auria Abus problem

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:39 am

benetom wrote:I just did fresh install of full Auria with Audiobus 1.06 on my iPad 3 32GB, but I am having big problems with it. Recording first track in Auria with let`s say Magellan or SUnrizer is going well. But as soon as I try to record second track there is a big problem with glitches in synth input slot when playing or recording. Also there is a latency problem. Changing latency in Auria doesn`t help at all :(
Am I doing something wrong or ?...I am really frustrated at the moment :D

Some help please good guys :D
Hi there, first I should ask if your using a project that you already had created?. If so make sure it is 44.1 khz not 48 or 96 because the sample rate has to match the project.
Then if that diesnt work go to your input matrix settings and make sure that the audiobus is selected just under where it says normal. Also while your there make sure only the track your recording is set to input 1 and 2. If your having a problem setting this just tap normal, then highlight all the tracks then tap normal again then audiobus and then select the inputs.
As well turn Audiobus On in settings.

Hope this helps.
Cheers.
~~_/)~~~

benetom

Post by benetom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:48 am

Thanks on reply...I already did all that as well...I made new project 2 tracks, selected input matrix only to record armed track, no FX and stuff activated.....problem was the same. Then I tried to freeze 1st track and it was a lot better :D But still I hear a glitch here and there, but it is quite better.

SO only solution is to freeze tracks while recording or is there still something wrong....?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:13 am

benetom wrote:Thanks on reply...I already did all that as well...I made new project 2 tracks, selected input matrix only to record armed track, no FX and stuff activated.....problem was the same. Then I tried to freeze 1st track and it was a lot better :D But still I hear a glitch here and there, but it is quite better.

SO only solution is to freeze tracks while recording or is there still something wrong....?
Is your project 44.1 khz for sure? Try a hard reset of your ipad if when you load auria and the mem meter says you have less than 600 meg free ram . It should start your project at around 600 meegs free if not do a hard reset.
You should be able to record a lot more tracks without having to freeze. I just did a test with 12 tracks and no freezing now I do use an iPad 4 but the 3 is still very capable so there might be something hogging your iPads memory or speed.
Do you have everything else in the background off? Especially Skype.
Turn off wifi
Completely close all apps including Auria by holding the icon until it wiggles then tao the - button, I know your saying youve done that but try it again. If that diesn't work I don't know what else ti tell you.
Good luck my friend.
Cheers.
~~_/)~~~

benetom

Post by benetom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:33 am

No apps are running in the back, no wifi,....and even freezing tracks is still not a solution :( Still have some latency...even playing just a pattern from FunkBOx...:(
I also turned iPad off completely and rebooted...same stuff :(...and project is 44.1 khz....32 bit, 256 latency.....

I am on IOS 5.1 btw....

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:46 am

Ok well iOS 5.1 might be the problem as I do believe iOS 6 is better at running audiobus but I will have to investigate that first.
I guess you already know not to apply any FX in Auria at all durring the recording pricess using Audiobus that will be too hard on the cpu.
Thats when I realized you said you were freezing your tracks which you shouldn't have to do if there are no FX because you would only be creating an identical wave as the track itself so the cpu or drive usage would remaim the same.

Only apply your FX durring mixdown and mastering to help keep your iPad under control.

Cheers
~~_/)~~~

benetom

Post by benetom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:02 am

all Fx on channels are Bypassed as well :(....Still only freezing help a bit....and even then...after a while when I work on recording track...latency starts ..if I switch between Auria and FunkBOx...when I hit play in FUnkbox itself or through Abus button the latency is around 1 sec+......and then if I remove Auria from AB and then reload again...latency dissapears...but after a while ...it happens again

benetom

Post by benetom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:53 am

Dang....are you sure IOS 6 will resolve it ?...I have almost full 32GB of apps n stuff :D I guess it should not be a problem on 5.1 IOS with just 2 tracks even having problems :(

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:19 am

Jailbreak?This could cause issues as well.The developer just don't test/support jailbreaked devices.

btw,i had no problems with iOS 6 after upgrading and you are not the only one with a crammed device :wink:
Ah,i mean besides this joke with the apple maps...
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

benetom

Post by benetom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:32 am

Yep...might be JB...Although all my musical apps are bought through Appstore...I have like 5 JB apps all in all....Dang...I just might upgrade to 6.0.2.....but the thing is only Auria is having problems....other apps with AB are doing just fine....

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:54 am

Auria and Audiobus are very greedy together and with a JB in the background...nobody knows what's going on.It's not necessarily CPU or RAM related.Look into the audiobus forum,there are a lot of reports from user running Auria/Audiobus and other stuff smoothly even on an iPad 2.It' must be the jailbreak causing problems after you tried anything else...
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

benetom

Post by benetom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:56 am

Yes it might be JB....too bad only Auria has a problem :(

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:29 am

It could be a JB issue, or it could be 5.x, it's hard to say, but I do recommend upgrading to 6.x first, and see if that fixes the issue. It's really recommended when using Audiobus. Keep in mind that Auria really pushes the limits. There's no other audio app on iPad that does so much, so it can be challenging to get Auria to run with other CPU heavy apps. Jailbreaking can also introduce processes that run in the background which interfere with Auria.

Rim

benetom

Post by benetom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:50 am

Ty..will do update to 6 IOS then and test :D

benetom

Post by benetom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:47 am

One more question please :D I am doing fresh install of IOS 6.0.1 on my iPad 3. Will I still be able to use CCK (Camera Connection Kit) with my small midi keyboard (Nanokey from Korg) and midipads (Nanopad 2 from Korg) connected directly from devices to ipad with standard USB cable?