Is there a dropbox export issue?

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Is there a dropbox export issue?

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:32 am

1.12 is not out yet, so this problem still exists.

Rim

NosillaCast

Can't export to Dropbox - making Auria not what I need

Post by NosillaCast » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:27 pm

So I just bought Auria LE because I was lead to believe I could export to Dropbox. With this functionality I can produce my entire podcast without using my Mac. The app is AWESOME but absolutely will not let me upload to Dropbox. I can see Dropbox in the file system in Aurio, I can import files from it, and I have 3.5GB available (the file is 417MB). The only error I get is "there was an error uploading to Dropbox".

I'm disappointed to see the answer here being that it's Dropbox's fault. I use a LOT of applications that upload and download from Dropbox with no difficulty and to find this many people without the promised functionality is pretty disappointing for a new user.

If I have to download the file using a cable to a Mac, then what was the point in using the iPad to make my recording? I might as well use my Mac.

Cool app but now does not solve a problem for me.

Spud
Expert

Post by Spud » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:48 am

Do you get any folders created in Dropbox? Have you tried uploading a really small file? We've had a lot of trouble uploading ~ 100mb projects. Sometimes it takes 6 goes.

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:56 am

For purposes of exporting and uploading larger files from Auria to Dropbox, I have had much better success exporting from Auria to AudioShare then moving the file to DB. This also allows me to QC the final export before moving on to other things.

Regards,
Phil

Washboy
Expert

Re: Can't export to Dropbox - making Auria not what I need

Post by Washboy » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:58 am

NosillaCast wrote:...I use a LOT of applications that upload and download from Dropbox with no difficulty...
Yes, but are you comparing like with like, i.e. have you successfully uploaded a 400MB+ file to Dropbox with a lot of other applications? Apologies for interfering, if you have :oops:

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:13 am

Uploading large files to Dropbox can be a challenge. You mentioned you've had no issues using DropBox with other apps, but have you tried uploading files that size? Having a rock-solid internet connection is one way to minimize the problems.

Rim

thebioguy
Expert

Post by thebioguy » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:31 am

Rim,

What's the status on the FTP file transfer option? That would alleviate a lot of these issues.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:58 am

To by honest, I'm not sure there's a lot of interest in FTP, as a lot of users don't have computers. It's on my list, but a bit of a challenge to implement.

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:45 pm

I will raise my hand to say 'I am interested in ftp' also. Thankful for dropbox integration but the flexibility of attaching/transfer to ftp would be helpful.
If I had to guess, you probably have a zillion items on your list...
Regards,
Phil

JMunger

Post by JMunger » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:08 pm

I am having the same issue. Any thoughts out there?

Spud
Expert

Post by Spud » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:04 pm

Quality of Internet connection seems to play a part in this.