No sound after switching app

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Birdman

No sound after switching app

Post by Birdman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:55 am

Hi there,

Since i updated to ios 7.1 i randomly have no sound / output in auria when i switch between apps. For instance, when i switch from auria to safari and back to auria, i get no sound. The meters do show an output Signal, but no sound. When i switch to audioshare (only this app) and play a short track there, i have sound. Switching back to auria and sound is back again. I hope i'm not sounding too confusing...

Any ideas?

Birdman

Rim
Site Admin

Re: No sound after switching app

Post by Rim » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:40 pm

Is Auria in MultiRoute mode? Go into Auria's settings, and check the Core Audio mode. If it's MultiRoute, try changing it to Standard, then restart Auria. It's important to make sure you kill Auria (double tap on the home button, the swipe up on Auria).

Rim

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi there Rim,

The core audio was already on the standard mode.
When i stopted auria by swiping the app upwards and did a restart, again no sound, only vu metering.
Tried different apps to bring back the sound, but only audioshare brings back the sound in auria. It's a work around, but still a strange thing.
Last edited by Birdman on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:27 pm

It looks like it has nothing to do with switching between apps. I can now triggers the problem by schutting auria down (through swiping) and re-open auria. No sound. Open audioshare, play a second of music there, switch back to auria and Viola, sound.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:57 pm

Sounds like this might be related to the Measurement Mode issue I posted earlier. Apple changed the way Measurement Mode works, and so the volume is much lower than usual.

A couple of things as a workaround:

1. Make sure your iPad's volume is all the way up (use the buttons on the side of the iPad)
2. Launch another audio app first, then launch Auria. For example Audiobus.

Rim

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:51 am

Thanks Rim for your support.