Maximum recording time with Auria / IPAD 64Gb

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rum-cast

Re: Maximum recording time with Auria / IPAD 64Gb

Post by Rum-cast » Tue May 06, 2014 9:18 am

Hi Rim,
Thanks for addressing the issue as posted mid last year.
However, last night I recorded a conversation that lasted for about 2 hours, then after stopping it the 2 hr track disappeared.
In my haste, I may have hit record again instead of stop, but this hasn't previously been a problem.
Please advise, this issue may not be completely resolved.
Thank you!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue May 06, 2014 10:28 am

There was an issue fixed in 1.10, but I'll retest this and see if there's still an issue related to long recordings.

Rim

Rum-cast

Post by Rum-cast » Tue May 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Thanks, much appreciated!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue May 06, 2014 1:22 pm

OK, I just did a test recording from the internal mic for 3 hours, and had no issues here. The region appeared normally, with waveforms visible. Were you running low of disk space by chance? Did you turn off the iPad, switch to another app, or did the iPad get interrupted during recording or processing?

Rim

Rum-cast

Post by Rum-cast » Tue May 06, 2014 2:46 pm

The only thing I could think of is perhaps I hit stop then immediately turned the ipad screen off before processing was finished.
I'll be careful in future to ensure processing is complete before I change apps/turn off the ipad.
Thanks again for your prompt and comprehensive response, much appreciated.

mixbus

Post by mixbus » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:50 am

Hi, I'm running into the same situation with Auria LE 2.23. I have a brand new iPad aIr 10.2" with 128GB of storage.

I am trying to transfer 5 hour long tapes. When recording, the recording window/file draw updates with no errors, but when I hit stop - the recording only show 28 minutes & so many seconds. It tried this twice. The file recorded always aborts after 28 minutes and a few seconds. I checked the Auria files on a Mac - & they show the same thing.

The competed/save window flashes for a second when I hit stop.

Interface is a Behringer UMC404 with the Apple connection kit 3.I'm using the full size iPad charger with the iPad, and the power adapter with the 404.

I basically set the project - recoding level, engage record and walk away. I don't touch the iPad at all.

Not sure what else to do. I'll have to abort this whole idea of using the iPad if I can't get this working.

Thanks,
Tom

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:24 am

Here are some things to check in your iOS Settings
1. Turn Cellular data to OFF
2. Under Notifications-Show Preview to NEVER
3. Under Sounds set Lock Sound to OFF
4. Under Do Not Disturb set Do Not Disturb to OFF and Silence to ALWAYS
5. Under Screen Time set to OFF
6. Under General set Background App Refresh to OFF
7. Under Display and Brightness set Auto Lock to NEVER
8. Under Siri and Search set everything to OFF
9. Under ITunes and App Store turn everything OFF
10. Under Music set Volume Limit to OFF.
11. Set iPad to Airplane Mode.

One thing you can try is to record a 5 hr recording using the iPad Memos App but In Setting set the memos app to record in Lossless not Compressed. If it fails it will be an iOS problem and a notification should pop up to tell you why the recording stopped. If it records the entire 5 hrs than just use that Memos app to capture the long recording then transfer the file to another app or computer. Because Auria allows for it’s audio files to show up in the iOS Files App it may be a limitation of the files app itself or iOS 13 audio restrictions. Good luck.

mixbus

Post by mixbus » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:04 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.

I had a lot of theses settings done already. I'll try the rest and see how it goes.

Best,
Tom

Graemebenson

Post by Graemebenson » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:07 am

Would you kindly help me with the following questions...

How do I grab audio file from ipad after recording it via Auria pro and zoom h6 as interface?

Secondly, can you tell me how to remove auria audio files from ipad completely to free up space?

Cheers

Graeme B.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:57 pm

Graemebenson wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:07 am
Would you kindly help me with the following questions...

How do I grab audio file from ipad after recording it via Auria pro and zoom h6 as interface?

Secondly, can you tell me how to remove auria audio files from ipad completely to free up space?

Cheers

Graeme B.
Easiest way to get the audio file is using the mixdown command. It will put a mixdown into your Auria Pro folder which you can move with the Files app. If you are a little technical, you can move your projects (which are really folders that look like files called bundles) to AudioShare which will let you grab the raw audio Files.

Deleting an Auria Pro project deletes the files it uses.