Going from iPad 2 to iPad Pro issues??

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

THX1136
Expert

Going from iPad 2 to iPad Pro issues??

Post by THX1136 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:27 pm

I couldn't get the search function to help me find if this is already answered so I apologize for the duplication if already asked. I have the opportunity to buy a well taken care of iPad Pro - a couple of years old, $400. I currently have an iPad 2 with Auria Pro on it. If I get the iPad Pro do I just "restore" Auria to install it on the "new to me" iPad Pro? Also, will I have any updating of Auria to do in this scenario? Thanks in advance for any help with this question.
Belief does not create truth; unbelief does not destroy truth

http://www.nimbitmusic.com/allencarlson - Also at iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Locusic and LastFM

Corey W
Expert

Re: Going from iPad 2 to iPad Pro issues??

Post by Corey W » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:41 pm

You won't have any issues, it will just take you some time if you have a lot of projects and audio files to transfer.

Backup all of your current projects in Auria to DropBox or a Mac/PC.

Install Auria from the Apple App Store on the new iPad Pro and restore your projects either through DropBox or transferring back from a Mac/PC.

When you get the iPad Pro you will be able to run iOS 11+ so you will have access to the Apple Files app which will make life a lot easier for you going forward for backup and restore (read the latest Auria manual update on this).

THX1136
Expert

Post by THX1136 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:56 pm

Just a (late) followup. All went well and I got Auria Pro installed and running. I had zero issues. Purchased an Apple Lightning to 30 pin to work for inputting audio which worked without issue also. A belated thanks for your help, Corey. I appreciate how well you folks communicate with us on the other side.
Belief does not create truth; unbelief does not destroy truth

http://www.nimbitmusic.com/allencarlson - Also at iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Locusic and LastFM

mesniu
Expert

Post by mesniu » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:59 pm

Hey-- THX1136,

Can you tell me a good source on an Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter?