Saving project to DropBox

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Bytebrain

Saving project to DropBox

Post by Bytebrain » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:04 am

I can see that this have been posted before, and no working solutions have been offered..

Sometimes the feature works flawlessly, but it's really hit and miss.

I've been struggling all day saving a project with only two files to DropBox, so my friend can import the project from DB and continue working on the project.

Auria comes up with the following error message every time:
"There was an Error uploading files to your Dropbox account"

Nothing seems to work.
I've deleted and re-installed Dropbox, I've soft booted my iPad pro, turned it off and on.
I've renamed the project, I've made a backup of the project and tried uploading to DropBox.
No dice...

Eventually the only solution was to export the project to icloud.
Of course, it then get saved as a zip file, which cannot be read or opened by neither Dropbox or Auria.

So I was forced to export the zip file to the app "AudioShare", which was able to unpack the zip file, and from there I could upload the project to DropBox so my friend can get his hands on it.

Please, please fix this issue between Auria and Dropbox..

I love to use Auria, and have made countless tracks with it, but this have been an issue since day one, all those years ago.

Bytebrain

Re: Saving project to DropBox

Post by Bytebrain » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:44 am

Aha!!

I figured out what the problem was!
It turned out, a drum track imported from ios GarageBand had an apostrophe in it's name.
I renamed the file an used that instead, and voila, exporting the project to DropBox worked without a hitch..

Auria or Dropbox obviously doesn't like certain characters on filenames..

You can delete this question, or maybe let it stand, it might be of use to others with the problem..

Corey W
Expert

Re: Saving project to DropBox

Post by Corey W » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:00 am

Great find! This is really helpful to know about.