Convolution reverb problem

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

beas

Convolution reverb problem

Post by beas » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:42 am

Using an iPda Air on IOS 12.1.3, covolution reverb will produce an unpleasant fizzy sound on tracks. It does not seem to start this way when it is first employed a given track. It seems to have some odd cumulative effect as I add tracks using convolution reverb. I have had to abandon convolution reverb in favor of classic reverb to end up with a decent mix. Am I alone on this?

Corey W
Expert

Re: Convolution reverb problem

Post by Corey W » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:13 am

Is there a specific IR file loaded into you convolution reverb instance that is causing this issue?

beas

Post by beas » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:47 am

No, there is not a specific IR that seems to be responsible. I have loaded a variety of IR's such as the "snare room", "nice room", etc. I am happy to keep running a few experiments to see if I can isolate specific IR difficulties. Thanks for the quick response.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:18 pm

So far I am not able to reproduce this issue on my end. How many instances of Convolution Reverb do you have inserted across tracks before the issue appears?

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:45 pm

beas wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:42 am
Using an iPda Air on IOS 12.1.3, covolution reverb will produce an unpleasant fizzy sound on tracks. It does not seem to start this way when it is first employed a given track. It seems to have some odd cumulative effect as I add tracks using convolution reverb. I have had to abandon convolution reverb in favor of classic reverb to end up with a decent mix. Am I alone on this?
Maybe, you could do a screen capture of a session and post to YouTube and share the link to demonstrate the issue.

What does the CPU meter show when this happens?