Auria and X touch

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Simonemolla

Auria and X touch

Post by Simonemolla » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:32 am

I ‘m trying to use my X touch with auria pro and it seems to work pretty good.
But i would like to know if i did every thing correctly in the midi section, or if i can improve the settings.
Ad last thing id like to know how to learn all the commands existing.
Tnx

Corey W
Expert

Re: Auria and X touch

Post by Corey W » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:51 pm

Can you post a screenshot of your MIDI settings in Auria?

Simonemolla

Post by Simonemolla » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:08 am

Once I configured the controller with auria how can I learn all the commands?
Attachments
IMG_20191028_082605.jpg

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:21 pm

Your settings are correct. The X Touch is an MCU controller. HUI is only available on the X-Touch but not the X-Touch compact or the X-Touch mini. HUI is really only meant for use with Pro Tools and not any other software as MCU is more integrated with the software and offers more control over the software. There is no learn feature in Auria’s software for MCU controllers. The MCU protocol inside Auria is only partially implemented. That is you dont get the same control of Auria as you would in Logic or Cubase on a desktop. So here is the list of all that you can control in Auria with an MCU controller. Nothing More not even with a dedicated Mackie MCU Pro controller. Auria does not recognize more channel extender units just one main controller.

1. Bank by channel or in banks of 8 up to 74 tracks. ( will not recognize tracks beyond trk 74.)
2. Fader control and automation of the fader ( the only thing you can automate is the Channel Faders and Master Fader.)
3. Pan control
4. Mute,Solo,Record engage/disengage for channels and main record.
5. Play,Stop,FF,RW, Return to Zero (double tap RW button)
6. Call up FX plugins inserted into the 4 FX plugin slots and control of those plugins but only the plugins available for Auria.
( No AuV3 or Inter App plugins can be called up or controlled via the X-Touch.) No automation of Auria’s plugins
7. Undo
8. Switch between Mixer view and Edit lane view.
9. Control of all 6 Aux channels on the channel strips not the Master channel.
( Cannot view or control plugins on the Master strip.)
10. Can view track name and track VU meter on all 8 fader channels at once.

( No vertical track select. No zoom. No scrub. No jog wheel control. )

Hope that helps. Cheers.

Simonemolla

Post by Simonemolla » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:12 am

You have been really usefull and clear.
I did every thing correct, but i hoped i Was wrong on settings.
Expecially for the jog.
No way for an implementation in the future?
Tnx

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:19 am

Unfortunately I don’t think there will be anymore updates to the MCU features in Auria any time soon. The good thing is that Auria still has more software control than any other iOS Daw. Cheers and thanks for using AuriaPro.

Dirge59
Expert

Post by Dirge59 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:36 am

I sure wish they would at least automate pan?? It can’t be that hard??

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:25 pm

Dirge59 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:36 am
I sure wish they would at least automate pan?? It can’t be that hard??
The problem is that the iPad is a touch device unlike a desktop. MCU control allows for the Daw software to recognize that you touched the pan control on the MCU controller and it’s position like the faders do in Auria. In other words the MCU controller is touch response sensitive. This feature is what allows the Daw to know at what position the pan control is at on the MCU controller when you touch it. This conflicts with the iPad touch screen commands. I believe Rim worked hard to get the faders to automate and with perfect touch recognition. So I just use the iPad touch screen or the automation lanes to automate everything else in AuriaPro like you do. I love MCU control in Auria because of mixing 8 channels at once, transport control, plugin control, ect. Which all results in less smear on my iPad screen and tapping is boring to me. Do you use a Mackie? Presonus? Berhinnger? Cheers.

Simonemolla

Post by Simonemolla » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:51 am

I ve noticed something, i didnt before (didnt open new post couse i think is related to this my old post).
In the Midi protocl there is this MCU logic, manual is not so clear about it. could you Please explain This protocol?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:24 am

Yes I can explain this. If your using a Mackie MCU Pro, it allows you to set one of three settings. These three are HUI, MCU and MCU Logic. The MCU Logic is used with Logic Pro for the desktop and allows for a more integrated control with Logic Pro. This was added to Auria as a means to allow in depth control of Aurias plugins and channel strip and the lite up screen has more info on it but the difference between MCU Logic and just MCU control is very small and barely noticeable in Auria Pro. So using either one will work about the same. Happy Holidays. Cheers

Pds123

Post by Pds123 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:39 am

Hi, I am very late to this thread but I’m using Auria Pro / iPad Pro 2018 with a Behringer X-Touch compact and I would be really happy if anyone can answer my questions below - many thanks in advance!
Anthony Alves wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:21 pm

1. Bank by channel or in banks of 8 up to 74 tracks. ( will not recognize tracks beyond trk 74.)
2. Fader control and automation of the fader ( the only thing you can automate is the Channel Faders and Master Fader.)
3. Pan control
4. Mute,Solo,Record engage/disengage for channels and main record.
5. Play,Stop,FF,RW, Return to Zero (double tap RW button)

- all of the above work - fantastic!

6. Call up FX plugins inserted into the 4 FX plugin slots and control of those plugins but only the plugins available for Auria.
( No AuV3 or Inter App plugins can be called up or controlled via the X-Touch.) No automation of Auria’s plugins
- can anyone explain how to do this?
7. Undo
I haven’t been able to find a button on the X- Touch that does this - anyone know how?

8. Switch between Mixer view and Edit lane view.
As above, I would love to be able to do this from the x-touch, but don’t know how.

9. Control of all 6 Aux channels on the channel strips not the Master channel.
As above, how?

10. Can view track name and track VU meter on all 8 fader channels at once.
No screen on the x-touch compact so I assume this does not apply.