Eventide plug-ins and blue or green app selection

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jrech
Expert

Eventide plug-ins and blue or green app selection

Post by jrech » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:19 pm

I just got the eventide Blackhole and delay plugins. I am having an issue getting them to work. If I set them up on a track and use the setting to send them the sound to that track, it only works when I use the green version of the apps. The blue version does not work. No sound goes through the plugin. What is the difference between the green and blue version? How do I set it up so that it will work on the blue version?
iPad Pro, Auria Pro - https://jodyrech.bandcamp.com

Corey W
Expert

Re: Eventide plug-ins and blue or green app selection

Post by Corey W » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:06 pm

The 'green' plugins are AU and these are preferable in terms of stability and gives you the option to use multiple instances in the same project.

The 'blue' plugins are IAA, open a separate app in the background of Auria and are far more unstable compared to AU.

Eventide was having some issues with these plugins previously so please email their tech support while I look into this on my end.

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Eventide plug-ins and blue or green app selection

Post by Espiegel123 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:21 pm

jrech wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:19 pm
I just got the eventide Blackhole and delay plugins. I am having an issue getting them to work. If I set them up on a track and use the setting to send them the sound to that track, it only works when I use the green version of the apps. The blue version does not work. No sound goes through the plugin. What is the difference between the green and blue version? How do I set it up so that it will work on the blue version?
Btw, there's no reason to use the IAA version from a host that supports AU. Since the IAA version runs as a separate app, you would need to make sure background audio is turned on...but you are better off using the AU anyway.