Pitch Change Problem

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

pfskate

Pitch Change Problem

Post by pfskate » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:23 am

After making a recording, I noticed that there is a significant pitch/key change in the music. When listening to the recording on Auria Pro and through Focusrite Scarletti 18i8 first generation, the pitch is correct. However, if I disconnect from Scarletti and listen from the ipad speaker, the pitch is incorrect and similarly, if I perform a mixdown and export the file to dropbox, the pitch is incorrect. Once the pitch is incorrect, I need to close the Auria project completely before the pitch is correctly heard through the Scarletti output. Using an ipad generation 5 with a recent IOS update 13.2.2. Any ideas? Scarletti and Auria set at 48k. Help

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Pitch Change Problem

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:52 am

pfskate wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:23 am
After making a recording, I noticed that there is a significant pitch/key change in the music. When listening to the recording on Auria Pro and through Focusrite Scarletti 18i8 first generation, the pitch is correct. However, if I disconnect from Scarletti and listen from the ipad speaker, the pitch is incorrect and similarly, if I perform a mixdown and export the file to dropbox, the pitch is incorrect. Once the pitch is incorrect, I need to close the Auria project completely before the pitch is correctly heard through the Scarletti output. Using an ipad generation 5 with a recent IOS update 13.2.2. Any ideas? Scarletti and Auria set at 48k. Help
You said when you perform a mixdown and the pitch is incorrect is the Presnus 18i8 disconnected?
Have you tried mixng down a different project to see if it hapens everytime?
Reboot your iPad and the Scarlett?
Is the pitch change drastic or slight?
Does this only happen in Auria?

Unfortunately your up against a few problems combined. One is that the 1st gen Scarlett series software is having problems with the new usb c iPad and iOS 13. In fact it no longer shows up as a supported device for iOS 13 on the Presonus website. There is also reported older scarlett audio issues with the new USB c iPads and iOS 13. So you will need to pinpoint the issue with some tests. Unfortunately what you have is old and not really compatible to the latest iOS or Auria. Not saying it wont work but you can have issues. Good luck.

pfskate

Re: Pitch Change Problem

Post by pfskate » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:16 am

Hello Anthony, Thank you for the informative reply. The incorrect pitch mixdown is observed whether the the Scarletti is attached or disconnected. I have observed the problem on many Auria projects. I have rebooted my ipad and Scarlett and have removed and reinstalled Auria software. The pitch can be corrected using Auria's pitch tool with an adjustment of -1 with a little less made with the fine. The problem appears to be an error with the assignment of the 48k setting being run at 44.1k. When I create a project at 44.1k, everything seems to work fine. However, if the project is set at 48k, the pitch problem happens. Both the Scarletti and Auria are set to the correctly, both either 44.1k or 48k depending on the project. This work around allows me to still make Auria projects but my older projects at 48k do not function.