Auto Crossfade

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Kladman

Auto Crossfade

Post by Kladman » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:17 am

Is there a "fast" way to select a wav file in the track and auto crossfade it without selecting both start and endpoints to adjust the fade manualy by zooming in?
I prefer to disable the auto crossfade settings in the editor menu, because I don't want to use it on everyhting.

Thanks!

Rodolfo
Expert

Re: Auto Crossfade

Post by Rodolfo » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:40 pm

Hi @Kladman,
Please follow these steps:
1) Move the audio clip to the desired position overlapping the other audio clip you want to crossfade
2) Tap the “Multi Sel” button and select both clips
3) Tap the Xfade button and both clips will automatically crossfade in their current positions.

Hope this helps.
Rodolfo

Kladman

Post by Kladman » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:15 am

Hi Rodolfo,
Thanks for explaining. I figured this out already, my question is more about one single audio clip:
For example: I will use a bass kick loop and disabled the auto crossfade settings because it took away too much attack from my first bass kick.
Is there a way that I can select 1 audio clip and have both ends faded very short without doing this manualy on both ends?
Or should I enable the auto crossfade and use a specific short time for these fadings?
In drumloops we need to make sure to avoid fading too much, so what is the best way to avoid clicks at the end/start of such loops?

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:20 pm

Sorry I misunderstood your original question.
I guess there’s no feasible way to implement an auto crossfade function that automatically adjust the crossfade time to any type of sample. But in your specific case, I would just adjust the auto crossfade time to a lower value other than the default 10ms.
Have you tried with 5 ms? or 2ms?
Rodolfo

Kladman

Post by Kladman » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:51 am

That's what I will try then. It could sometimes depend on the loop itself, but I will experiment a little more.
Thank you for the help!