1.07 the good and the bad

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

GreyMediumMild
Expert

1.07 the good and the bad

Post by GreyMediumMild » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:41 pm

1).timestretch has been pretty awesome. The simplicity of stretching the end/beginning of the waveform is really good. Maybe a percentage displayed on the waveform would be handy, otherwise it's all good.

2).wist is working like magic now!

3).the auto snapshot system has already saved me once. Excellent feature.

3 1/2). The recording out of synch issue seems to be gone too! Yes!

4).drag-duplicate/loop. This feature is a really cool idea in concept, but it needs a bit of work. my complaint is that the region needs to already have a set length for looping to happen. If I have a region with extra silence or junk audio, I have to mixdown to another track with locators to fully use the loop function - and that is way too many steps. just as you have a trim and fade handles on the regions, I feel like having a loop handle would be nice - as this would eliminate the extra steps and actually be more useful than the duplicate button.

5).stereo recording issue. I saw this on another thread, and know its a fix coming to 1.08. This one's a big one for me.

6).also saw this on another thread, but sometimes opening other apps, auria will have a freeze for playback. I think the workaround has been to open other apps first. Its especially finicky with DM1. an iOS thing right?

7). The new handles. These are really cool as far as accuracy and ipad friendliness goes. Big, bold, great. But as some have complained of having to zoom into the waveform to access them, I think the suggestion to prioritize the handles was good. Have the trim handle visible most of the time, then with further zooming you get the fade handle and more zooming and you get the suggested loop handle. This would be magical!

8). Just as the handles got UI love, I think the scrub bar also needs UI love. Having markers and playhead with bigger icons would be useful. Sometimes I'll try to move a marker and it moves the playhead or viceversa.

9). I still get annoying little pop ups every other time I switch between auria and other apps. It'll be either the 'audiobus being a known issue' popup or the 'auria crash.' It's especially annoying when it oops up 4 times in a row.

That's all I could come up with now. Thanks again for the community love and I appreciate the hard work. awesome update!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: 1.07 the good and the bad

Post by Rim » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the detailed review. It would be nice to have separate loop handles, I agree, but I think it may start to get pretty cluttered. I could have them only appear when you zoom in enough horizontally, but this would make it more difficult to do duplicating, as you'd need to zoom in pretty far to see the loop handle. In 1.08, I've changed Condense Regions so it will only condense the regions you have selected. This makes it easier to duplicate loops that have handles. You just select the loop you want, condense it, then you can use the auto duplicate feature as you normally would.

Rim

GreyMediumMild
Expert

Re: 1.07 the good and the bad

Post by GreyMediumMild » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:20 pm

woa woa! i leave for a second and crazy shit happens! those new features for 1.08 sound incredibly awesome. Loop handle: yess! join regions: yess! double tap stop for loop start: yess!

thanks again for the awesome customer service. Top notch!