Auria crashes when trying to load a project

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dcsapporo

Auria crashes when trying to load a project

Post by dcsapporo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:46 am

I need help recovering my last project that I made a copy to my HD through iTunes. I did not delete the project from Aurie and when I opened the project, after copying files to the HD, the transport would not return to the start position. When I tried to scroll back to the start Auria would crash. But I could still open the project. I finally got the transport to the start position but immediately Auria crashed. This time when I tried loading the project Auria would crash. I was able to start Auria when I selected snapshot option but I still could not open this project. This was the final version of a project I've been working on for past month and a half. I am afraid I will have to start from scratch unless I can find a solution. Any help is much appreciated.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria crashes when trying to load a project

Post by Rim » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:07 am

That's very unusual. Please send me the project, and I'll have a look. Send it to my dropbox account: rim at drumagog dot com.

Thanks,
Rim

dcsapporo

Post by dcsapporo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi Rim,

Thank you for your quick response. How should I send it to you? When I backed it up through iTunes I didn't save it as an AAF file. And if I should save the project through Auria it will crash the program. Is there a way to save it to your Dropbox directly from Auria without the project being active?

Thank you again for getting back to me

Dan

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:23 pm

Just use iFunBox to copy the entire project's folder to your computer, then zip it and send me the zip file using DropBox (on your computer).

Rim

dcsapporo

Post by dcsapporo » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:04 am

Hi Rim,

Thanks for suggesting iFunBox. It looks like a great utility. I have sent you an email with a link to the zip file in my Dropbox public folder. Please let me know when you have gotten it. It is quite large, though the original one that I copied through iTunes was smaller prior to the crashing problem. I was wondering if I can use iFunBox to load the first copy back into Auria and see if that resolves the problem, would it be possible?

Thank you for all your time and help with this.

Dan

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:38 am

I've noticed some of the projects that are having this issue have a convolution reverb inserted in the project. I just found an obscure bug in the convolution code that could cause a crash in some cases if if can't locate the IR file. To avoid this, make sure all your IR files are present before opening a project that uses them. This includes any purchased IR file packs, or your own IR files.

Rim